[release] FlyingF*ck - allows you to change the number of flying animals spawned at POI's

Backgroud

So someone at Asobo decided there should be between 700 and 800 AI birds spawning at those POI’s.
If you ever get within 30nm of one of these POI’s the birds will spawn. In some cases it spawns twice (ie Tivat).

This is a massive drain on your CPU as all the AI runs on the main thread.

Furthermore there is an issue that nevermind how far you travel from the POI, the AI birds will never unload.

I am not sure what kind of shop Asobo is, but this is a joke.

Previous I found that just deleting the animal files would solve the problem, but with the latest update the circus, sorry Asobo, just attempts to load those files without checking if they exist.

Guess what! CTD…

1 week later

I was playing with the SDK and noted the worldscripts for the POI’s. Unfortunately these are binary and not easy to edit by hand.

So as any halfbaked coder would do, I just wrote a simple app to allow one to change the number of birds spawning. I decide on a sane default of 20. Testing from Tivat, my FPS goes from 15FPS to 43FPS.

You can find the app on github via the link below

To the mods: Sorry for the name of the app, I am an annoyed developer.

4 Likes

What about 3rd party airports which use seagulls or flamingos (LGKO Kos by Gaya for example)? Is it possible to use your script to correct those airports too?