[New update] LFGH Cosne-sur-Loire enhancement: enjoy the GA spirit in the center of France

This small airfield scenery is an example of what can done with stock object on a small General Aviation field. This is an improved version of Cosne-sur-Loire airport scenery (LFGH) in the center of France, not so far from La Loire river and the famous french castles. This airfield is a very small GA airfield with a well-known Robin maintenance shop (Loire Aviation) and an air club. It has a single paved runway 11/29 of 800 meters (2624 ft), a single taxiway and a concrete ramp, but you can park on the grass field :wink:

The Microsoft Flight Simulator scenery is only made with default library objects. The freeware scenery is available for download: Cosne-sur-Loire (LFGH) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

• New airfield buildings closer to reality as much as generic hangar can do
  • (v2) New texture applied on hangar to improve as-real-as-it-gets
  • Plenty of small objects here and here to make it a life platform: trees, barrels, cones, toolbox, picnic table, fences, people and pilots…
  • Update of parking positions and new static aircraft (only at free space)
  • Correct location of the unique windsock
  • Remove unreal taxiway signs

6 Likes

The version 2.0 of this small scenery has been released at Flightsim.to • Cosne-sur-Loire (LFGH) by Vincent BAZILLIO

A lot of small fixes has been included, but the most important is new textures applied on main hangar…

… and also on Loire Aviation maintenance shop

Enjoy this small General Aviation airfield in the center of France!

1 Like

One year after starting discovering the Scenery Editor, I slowly start enhancing my skill with Blender. A new aeroclub building now sits in version 2.43. Still a lot to learn!

Still available for free at Cosne-sur-Loire (LFGH) » Microsoft Flight Simulator

2 Likes

Thanks a lot !
You may enjoy this with your mod (old version): Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 vs Reality - DR400 - YouTube

1 Like

All right, Cosne/LFGH is a very tiny field in the center of France. But I’ve added a lot a detail (I mean a lot) to create immersion and make it as real as possible for a small General Aviation field. Located on La Loire river and the famous french castles, it has all the basic of small GA fiel in France: one runway, few hangars, the famous Loire Aviation repair shop for Robin, a single Unicom freq, no tower but Avgas is available and even a helipad for emergency services ! Enjoy this classic in MSFS to visit La Loire and the great surroundings landscape.

Why this update? As many field in France, there’s a big construction project ongoing adding a big solar farm all around the unused spaces of this small airfield. This MSFS update reflects this big construction work and some other improvement as well to get as close as reality. It will be updated according to the difference development phases. This first update includes some solar panels which are not yet installed (pole only visible in real) but that will be soon in place.

This project was one of my first MSFS development in January 2021. It’s a pleasure to recover it from the dust of my drive, update it to make it closer to the current reality. Enjoy !

2 Likes