RELEASE: MilViz Corsair for MSFS

good enough for me that you’re making the corrections.
take whatever time it takes and Thank You for doing the Chance Vought Corsair properly and with care.

Latest update was that SP should come in a few days, provided that testers dont find any problems. This update was made on tuesday, so maybe tomorrow? or today? :o

1 Like

It’s also been delayed and pushed back several times………

I just answered a question regarding the latest update on the SP that milviz has posted. Everyone knows it has been delayed many times…

1 Like

Why did milviz reduce the size of the corsair by 7 percent?

Because people were complaining that it’s too big.

2 Likes

At least they aren’t doing what ASOBO has done so many times in the past. Just release whatever mess they have at the time. Milviz is taking the time to DO IT RIGHT! Maybe take a lesson from Milviz ASOBO. This aircraft is one of the best add ons for the Sim and I can’t wait till the SP is released.

3 Likes

Am i wrong or is the Corsair already released and didn’t I pay the full price before waiting for weeks now so it finally gets flyable?

what are you talking about ? It’s perfectly flyable from day 1

2 Likes

You are wrong.

And you seem to have a comment an everything in every thread

2 Likes

That’s what the forum is for…???

2 Likes

And it’s kind of funny that so do you comment in every thread…

The plane is perfectly flyable. Perhaps you might want to check some Youtube videos describing what it’s like to fly taildraggers, and what a ground loop is.

I won’t say it is perfectly ‘landable’, but it certainly is perfectly ‘flyable’ :smile:.

1 Like

Corsair FG-1D in #Araxos - #Greece Test Flight and Landing - YouTube :ok_hand:

1 Like

Beautiful! I think I may be setting my base leg too close and final too high. What was your landing speed? I try to come in about 95Mph. Usually, as soon as my wheels touch, I nose over as if my brakes were on. :sob:

3 MAJOR rules:

1. Make sure the CG is properly set per the manual
  2. Make sure you’re NOT using Legacy mode
  3. The flight model was created assuming the controls sensitivity is flat. If you’ve changed your sensitivity of your controls, you’ll likely have issues.

I’ve had zero issues landing the plane. Take off is ok, sometimes, ummm, fun, but not really an issue

1 Like

I’ve always enjoyed flying the

Milviz Corsair. For a long while it felt to me like it was the least twitchy of the MSFS2020 warbirds. (lockable tailwheel ftw)

I was plagued with something similar a few weeks ago in a couple of tail-draggers.
I actually started pumping the breaks a couple of times once the gear was down but before the wheels touch and that seemed to work but I’ve done quite a few landings in the last couple of weeks where it hasn’t happened that I needed to…so…I’m still not sure if it was a bug in the sim, a glitch with my hotas or…

This sounds very much like the “ESC” bug from a few sim versions ago. When you’d hit ESC to make a menu change, or use it as a psudo-pause, when you’d return, sometimes certain axis assignments would apply partially. Many people had mixture go to cut-off, or prop to min, etc, something very noticeable.

I had my brakes apply to 50% after hitting Escape and returning to the sim. So, I had similar experiences with several planes, with noseover or squirrely behavior on touchdown, cause I was unknowingly landing with 50% brakes.

This bug has been fixed by Asobo. If it’s no longer happening, this is probably what was going on.

2 Likes

Had to split due to file size. Did the trimming, did everything as described in the manual. Second video, once I lift off, the plane gets crazy and crashes. It was fine before the last SIM update (when was that?) - have not been able to make a take-off since then. So dont’t tell me I am wrong - I am waiting since then for a fix. Some people are writing so much here, praising every unfinished aircraft and commenting every post, I wonder if they ever fly at all.