RELEASE: MilViz Corsair for MSFS

Looking forward to the updates

Just watched it. It’s excellent! It also shows how much of a handful the Corsair is. The struggle is real! It’s a shame it didn’t do well.

3 Likes

I agree, much better than a lot of the other stuff out there… I wish I knew it was in the theater, would love to have those beautiful birds on 100 foot screen!!!

Oh and the plot was pretty good too. :crazy_face:.

3 Likes

it was great to see Thomas Hudner Jr’s plane included as one of the default liveries. I was hoping to see Jesse Brown’s up on flightsim.to but didn’t spot it. Right after I saw the film in the theater, I took Hudner’s plane up over some of the same areas in North Korea. I almost reenacted one of the scenes too after accidentally killing the engine. I got it restarted though.

7 Likes

the movie is on amazon prime uk, well worth a watch. air to air , and aircraft scenes are very well shot. and the underlining story lines well handled, a fine tribute to extraordinary man.

1 Like

I love the movie…I was suprised at them going into battle with the drop tanks still attached. Futher reading revealed that they are self sealing and reusable. I still think it would effect performance but nice to see they payed this much attention to detail.

Ah ha, found it on Netflix in Australia. Loved it. Straight after it, into the Corsair in the Sim, and booked my favourite Cessna 172 at my flying club for tomorrow. God knows what I will do in the Cessna compared to the Corsair!!! And I am 72!!! Grow up man!!! Cheers.

4 Likes

Nooo! We hopefully don’t stop playing! Just our toys get more expensive :smiley:

5 Likes

Great story about drop tanks here from a P-47 veteran in Normandy post invasion:
21’:00
one day sergeant singh came over to me
and he said captain would you do me a favor or sure sarge whatever you want
well on the pylons under the wings of this airplane
these things we hung bombs we could also hang external fuel tanks to extend the range
of the airplane and one type of those tanks were made by the english they held 108 gallons and were made of paper mache which was liquid proof for maybe three hours
sergeant sang mixed up 70 gallons of powdered milk dumped in 20 gallons of mixed fruit
cocktail 25 pounds of sugar 3 gallons of calvados
a good tasting apple brandy they made in that orchard country and a few other spices got it all mixed
up poured in one of those paper tanks hung it on the wing of my airplane said now take that up where it really gets cold so i took off and climbed up to 35 000 feet
and swapped the airplane around like that about 15 minutes to try to keep it stirred up
the temperature up there is 55 to 60 degrees below zero that’s going to freeze that mixture
pretty quick finally rolled the airplane over dive down and landed
they dropped the tank off the wing chopped it open with an axe and we enjoyed tutti frutti ice cream
now that was expensive ice cream because the engine in that airplane burned 100 gallons an hour of 150 octane gasoline and cruising 300 gallons at power and we didn’t care
if sergeant singh wants ice cream he shall have ice cream

6 Likes

Good movie! just watched it last night, wasn’t aware of the over torque causing the planes to flip I must try harder to see if the milviz does that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thought that was funny with those guys coming from F8F’s with the same P&W R-2800. Maybe the Hamilton Standard prop on the Corsair has higher P-factor compared to the hollow blade Aeroproducts prop on the Bearcat?

Also, Grumman was known to design for stability and ease of handling (as with the Hellcat). Vought designed for speed and little else.

Milviz doesn’t flip if you firewall it as in real life. Also the P-51 would do it, in real life.

Hope they eventually add a button like in the Spit for those of us who sometimes just want to fly without engine damage. So far they have resisted this although the Sim allows for this to be included. Cheers.

I’ve never damaged the engine and I’ve gunned it very hard at times probably not long enough to run out of water injection though.

Perhaps he meant “Go up man!”, or, more politically correct, despite the fact that “man” is probably the '60’s euphamism… “Go up people!”

:wink:

1 Like

I really hope that Blackbird/MV follows through on their commitment to provide at least one more substantive update to the Corsair. I noticed recently that they moved the Corsair support thread on their forums to a “read only archive for legacy products” so I hope that the various issues reported both in that forum and here (nav light issue, weight and balance, general flight dynamics, engine stuff, etc) will actually be followed up on within the coming weeks.

Any news?

http://milviz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=16

2 Likes

I would go much further than this.

I would really hope/expect that Blackbird/MV updates their product for the life of the sim as did the reputable Xplane 11 developers for the duration of Xplane 11. In fact many of the developers there have even updated their product for the next version of Xplane, Xplane 12, free of charge.

Should we expect less of Blackbird/MV in FS2020 given the relatively high cost of the initial product?

5 Likes

Are you sure you’re looking at the right forum?

As noted, at the top of the Corsair General forum, the MSFS support forums have been split off to a new location (which I can’t access because my company blocks it (for no reason) :roll_eyes:)

My bet is the FSX and P3D support forums, yeah, that would be a legacy product, FSX anyway.

And yes, you can see way up in the forum they confirmed a couple of weeks ago an update will be released for the Corsair when it’s appropriate update wise.

Yeah. Im still waiting for the AOA in level fight to be fixed. Still no update on it. Been there from day 1. If this is the way they are gonna go forward i just wont buy from them anymore.

4 Likes