[RELEASE] MSFS Kinetic Assistant - SimConnect util for soaring and aircraft carrier landing/takeoff

I must’ve missed that one. I updated the main file a couple of days ago and thought I’d dealt with all of them.

Ah well. I’ve got a spare and that will be substituted for the update.

Teleport feature in Kinetic Assistant will be a nice feature to have See discussion Developer Mode - Add Altitude to Teleport - #4 by thealx2901

Contrary to slew mode it won’t change point of view (ie changing from cockpit view to external view).

Here is a summary of features that could be great to have in a Teleport tab in Kinetic Assistant :
changing initial position with 4 directions up / down / left / right or latitude/longitude (supporting plus.codes https://plus.codes/ could also be considered)
changing initial speed (ideally metric or imperial units) (2 buttons + / - but also a text entry to change numerical value)
changing bank (2 buttons + / - but also a text entry to change numerical value)
changing pitch (2 buttons + / - but also a text entry to change numerical value)
changing altitude (2 buttons +/- but also a text entry to change numerical value)
units could be imperial or metrics
altitude could be QNH or height (from the ground)
a drop down with a list of predefined points (set in a configuration file) will be the best feature to have that is not present neither in Dev mode Teleport window nor in slew mode

Kinetic Assistant v0.12.4

• SimConnect requests optimized (may solve FPS drop)
  • decreased chances of application freezing during close
  • Groundcrew push simulation improved
  • XCSoar data upload interval set to 0.5 seconds

KineticPanel updated (unpack kinetic-panel.zip content into community folder):

• white/black background toggle
  • WINCH, PUSH and TOW buttons

Towplane simulation improved:

• plane position update frequency increased
  • plane position read when it outside of radar range or scan disabled (connection still required)
  • accurate AI towplane ground altitude even on rough terrain
  • smooth AI takeoff (10m jump fix)

simMarket: TOUCHING CLOUD - KINETIC ASSISTANT+ MSFS
Kinetic Assistant - Touching Cloud [OFFICIAL MOD PAGE]

Been trying to load themals into Kinetic by uploading CSV from little navmap, but keep getting this error
userpoint record does not have wnough parameters.
use to work fine untill today.
Regards
Joshua

can you share CSV file here?
and which version you have, last one has some updates regarding static thermals, maybe something get broken

mwr2410_thermals.pln (6.3 KB)
version 0.12.4.0

31 hotspots loaded fine, no file changes applied. can you please try 0.12.4.1
изображение

all wotking now thank you.
Only problem i have now is when i use winch it only moves me about 10 feet and then stops?
Thanks for the help
Regards
Joshua

If you are flying Discus - that’s scripts conflict. Not really an issue, just thing to remember - to use KA winch/tow you have to close Discus Winch page first (glider icon above tablet).

1 Like

Hello guys, I don’t think that, at the moment, anyone can get past the “Kinetic Assistant” who wants to deal with gliding in FS2020. But the thing with the thermals is very complex to create, even if you take “Little Navmnap” doing this. Therefore, we have put a free tool on our website, which runs in the browser, with which you can also create thermals in larger areas. If you want, take a look here:
[www. flyyourselfvrsim.uk](https://www. flyyourselfvrsim.uk)
At the top, in the menu Thermal, there are the instructions and the generator. Have Fun :slight_smile:

Oh awesome! People asked for this for a long time, but I’m trying to focus on core functionality. Or just lazy.

Btw, we renamed thermals into hotspots to avoid confusion, as MSFS has somehow working cumulus thermals now.

We will test your script and share with our users. Thanks for the effort!

p.s. first bug report: boundary set does not work in Firefox (latest public), mouse cursor always in map move mode. works fine in Chrome tho.

Hi, having flown gliders and paragliders in real life, gliding in FS is at the top of my list. That’s why I had calculated the first “hotspots” in an Excel table. My son then rewrote it for the browser. The second idea was to make it available to the public, because I couldn’t find anything like this on the net.
I have bought the Plus version 12.4.0 a few days before, so there term Thermals is used, which is actually technically correct. However, I will make a note on the page that from version 12.5 the term Hotspots will be used. It is a pity that you cannot update the Plus versions.
But the CSV file also works with the current version!
In addition, I will see if we can make the programme work for Firefox. However, the MS browser is actually available everywhere as standard. I will also make a note of this. I also have other improvements in mind, but the way it works now was feasible in a hurry. Further changes depend on the schedule of my son, who doesn’t really do anything with FS.
See you in the sky!
Ralf
PS If there is a need, I could also open a new thread here.

Yes your CSV format is correct. Both “thermal” and “hotspot” userpoint names are valid, you can leave it like that. We only replaced labels at program interface. Potentially, MSFS developers will implement weather API into SimConnect, which will make possible to render thermals (native ones) map of the area on top of current map of hotspots.

It’s up to you. I don’t mind to keep KA related discussions in one place.

I have changed or added to the text on the website and talked to my son. He will see what he can do about Firefox this evening. Changes will be documented in the version history.
All the best
Ralf

Can you show me where in the soaring community they use the word “hotspot”?

https://thermal.kk7.ch
изображение

Thermal is a natural phenomenon, like rain, hurricane, cyclone, wind. This is something you can experience during simulation.
Hotspot is a geographical location where in known condition you may expect updraft airflow. But even if you are inside of this area there is no guaranty you will experience lift, because it’s rainy day or night time maybe.

Another reason - data stored on API servers are not 100% thermals, as variometers and GPS trackers capture all kinds of lift, including glide slope.

Make sense I hope?

Not on my Mac it isn’t duck and cover :wink:

2 Likes

BTW: we tested the last Firefox-Version without problems.

1 Like

The basic idea of distinguishing between hotspots and thermals is correct.
If the API shows hotspots, are thermals randomly generated there by the Kinetic Assistant or does the assistant always generate a thermal at the hotspots? Then the hotspots would become thermals.
In our case of the Thermal Generator, there is no probability of a thermal at the points, but definitely a thermal.
Therefore, in my opinion, the generated values there are not hotspots.
But in the end, you just have to know what it’s all about. So we shouldn’t argue about such a simple thing. :slight_smile: :orange_heart:

Hi Alex, have a look for the new Version 2.0. :slight_smile:
PS I wrote a new manual.

1 Like