[RELEASE] MSFS Kinetic Assistant - SimConnect util for soaring and aircraft carrier landing/takeoff

to reproduce this, you need to give us more information. What payware plane did you try, and is it just that plane that has the problem or does any payware / community folder based plane not work? Is your Community folder set up with addon-linker or similar? If you could also try to identify the track file path that it’s attempting to generate if the error shows it, that would help.

Does kinectic assistance work with Asobos default gliders?

Yes, all features works same as before, including multiplayer towing (but it still uses custom towrope model and script though).

Hello Alex,
the website of the generator will change from now on:

https://www.matmax.de/generator/
The link to the instructions can be deleted, as it is now integrated in the generator as a PDF.

The old website will be online until the beginning of December.
Please take this into account in the instructions on your website.
Thank you very much.

Happy Gliding
Ralf

1 Like

Can someone please tell me how to do this?
I would like to assign a cable release to a button on the control stick, but I don’t know how.
(Kinetic Assistant 0.17.3.0)

Go to MSFS controls options, change FILTER to ALL, in search field type WATER - command you need is TOGGLE WATER RUDDER. When button pressed during towing or winching, cable will be released.

1 Like

All of this is in the documentation if you read it one day.

Thank you!

Hi All,

looking for advice on more realistic thermals, KA with the generator seems like a good alternative to the SU11 built in thermals. Anyone tried this? Is there any way to disable the FS2020 thermals and have only the KA ones?

Thanks

What’s your source that shows the KA thermals are more realistic?

I’m not making any statements, I asked for advice.

Assuming your question is out of genuine interest, one of my problems with the built in thermals is that there are too many of them, they seem to be everywhere on a good summer day and I can often just fly straight over flat land wherever I want without losing altitude.

In that respect, I found the randomly generated KA thermals a few kilometers apart much more realistic, obviously still no way to tell where they are as they are not bound to clouds or any ground trigger, but still closer to what I experienced when I was actively paragliding.

What would you recommend to use for more realistic thermals?

Condor. It’s the best glider simulator

I am aware of Condor, and while it may have the best flight and weather model, it does not natively support WMR, covers only a handful of areas and the visuals are nowhere near to what FS2020 provides, so I am more interested in better options based on FS2020.

Back on topic, is there a good way to get rid of the built-in thermals and use only the ones provided by KA?

1 Like

So far, with SU11, it is almost impossible to get rid of the built-in thermals in good weather. There are a lot of incorrect dependencies.

Kinetic Assistant thermals are also generated incorrectly, based on statistics and do not take into account the weather.

So far, with SU11, it is almost impossible to get rid of the built-in thermals in good weather.

Thanks, that’s what I feared…

Kinetic Assistant thermals are also generated incorrectly, based on statistics and do not take into account the weather.

I’m aware of that but for me, still better than the built-in ones. Also, already upvoted your glider bug reports.

Really appreciate the ability to use the arrestor feature in KA. However, while I can deploy the arrestor feature in the UI, I can’t seem to get any of the ‘light’ bindings to function. As I use VR exclusively, I don’t want to have to come out of VR every time. Could the failing bindings be anything to do with the F6F model configuration, for instance Otherwise, would it be possible to make a binding that connects to - say - the ‘Gear Down’ or ‘Tail Hook Set’ simultaneously?

1 Like

Hello. You can set any light event (double toggle, like “press Landing light key twice”) by clicking CTRL icon near button in the program.
No custom key binding is planned, sorry.

Thank you for responding. I’ll try again to get a light command to work.

KA tool became completely free now! We are still going to release updates (new version with fixes is coming), but please do not expect new features in the future.

We are starting a new tool development, which will not replace but improve existing gliding features (like towing and thermals), this time it will be installed as ingame panel, i.e. compatible with VR and Xbox.

Thanks everyone for your support, happy flying!

2 Likes