Release: Working Title G1000 v0.3 - updated to v0.3.5 on 14 Apr!

The TRAFFIC button is grayed out so it is not functional on my MFD MAP and my INSET map. I’m not seeing traffic on my MFD map. I found the same problem on the Cessna 172 and the Beechcraft Bonanza.
What’s the problem causing non-functional TRAFFIC display on the maps, and what can I do to fix it?

I use this one for leaning the C172, it does not interfere with the Working Title G1000.
Have a go:

Take care
Mick

1 Like

In fact, the WT G1000 Mod is required. Glad to see people still use my mod. :slight_smile:

I will wait till SimUpdate3 next week to check compatibility and will probably release a version of the mod on flightsim.to as it will be easier for people to find it.

The possibility of having ENGINE/LEAN/SYSTEM subpages in the G1000 MFD was added by the WorkingTitle Mod, and they released their mod with sample pages for the Bonanza, as an example for coders.

So with stock MSFS, you have zero planes with a LEAN page. With the WorkingTeam mod, you have the Bonanza. For every other plane, you have to make these pages (this is what I’ve been doing).

1 Like

Hi there,
The WT G1000 Mod is always activated in my sim, so I never realised it is needed for your mod. Good to know, I would have scratched my head otherwise.

Thanks JustMicko: I tried that by downloading the Zip file from github, then I extracted the folder to the Community Folder of MSFS 2020. Then I started up MSFS 2020 and then when I tried using the MFD in the C172 stock aircraft with the Working Title G1000, it did not seem to make a difference: when I clicked on the ENGINE softkey it didn’t show the options such as LEAN page etc.
Should I be handling the c172sp-as1000-MFD-lean folder differently i.e. not simply put it in the Community folder? If so, what is the process for making use of the downloaded folder?

No, that’s the right way, as usual you unzip the file and copy the folder containg the layout.json file (here it’s “Haddock-aircraft-c172sp-as1000-MFD-lean”) in the “Community” folder. Are you using the standard livery or a custom one ? I’m asking because this old version on GitHub is not compatible with for example Microsoft’s Pilot Livery.

There is another zip file in the downloaded zip. That’s the one to be installed.

Now that Sim Update III is out, is ther work going on the WT G1000 to fix any issues?

I just asked on the Discord. They have no changes to announce. That doesn’t mean any of the versions out now fully work. One of the developers is going to start investigating necessary changes but they seem pretty short-staffed at the moment.

There are a lot of smaller issues atm. Having the G1000 mod installed disables touch on both the WT and stock G3000. And there are others.

Most of the WT guys are at work atm. They’ll be looking at issues when they get home. I’d say give it a day or two. We’re going to have to deal with the cartoonish stock Garmins until WT roll out some fixes.

Per WT Discord Server:

Chris (Z-7)Today at 4:51 PM

Just a quick update regarding sim update 3 (1.14.5.0). The version of the CJ4 (0.10.4) and Garmin G1000 (0.3.4) in #latest-releases are working correctly with the latest sim update, however the G3000 and G3X require some additional work. The team is working on the G3000 and G3X fixes now and we’ll update here and in #latest-releases when they have been updated. We encourage you to remove the G3000 and G3X from your Community folder until updates have been released. If you have just updated and are having trouble, remember that you MUST restart the sim after the update before Community folder mods will work correctly. Thanks for your patience.

6 Likes

Thank you working title. You guys and the folks making modifications to the default airplanes are how we hold on to hope for the future of this sim. You show us the potential of the platform.

Please keep doing what you do.

1 Like

I noticed that the G1000 was not updated a long time ago. Is there any chance for another update to have even more detailed and interesting engine/turbine and system, electric and hydraulic data available (depending on the plane)?

One person working on it, and it seems they’ve taken a leave of absence, so it is what it is for the foreseeable future.

I tried to fly DA40 and I noticed some issues with G1000. I couldn’t change value of FLC speed, FD were showing strange things and waypoints inserted into FPL didn’s show up on the ND (except STAR and airports). I don’t know if it’s a problem with G1000 mod or DA40 mod

Pull out the WT G1000 mod and see if it’s consistent. If it is, the problem may be somewhere else. Are you running other Diamond mods?

Yes, DA40 and DA62 improvement mods by MrTommy

Pull those out first. See if WT G1000 behaves. It may be a combination of what Asobo did (?) in SU3 plus the other mods.

Really what you should do is always pull out all your mods, take a test flight and do some functionality checks. That gives you a baseline understanding of what the vanilla sim does now. Then slowly add back your Mods one at a time. If it sounds like work, it is. This is Change Management at it’s most basic. That’s the only way you can easily identify an errant Mod causing cascade issues to others.

1 Like

OK, I will try to figure it out. Thanks

Seems like G1000 mod is the problem. Well, guess I have to wait for the update