Release: Working Title G1000 v0.3 - updated to v0.3.5 on 14 Apr!

Just to check.

You are reloading MSFS after dragging the mod files into Community aren’t you, as MSFS only reads the mods in the Community folder as it starts up?

I have all three WT mods (including the GX mod) installed with no issues.

Yep. I deleted the WT mods from my community folder, restarted my entire computer (just to be safe), restarted MSFS, and the (stock) G1000 worked. Not sure that I’m really going to bother messing with this right now, I’ll be doing most of my flying in the PA28R, I just wanted to try the G1000.

Message from Rob/WT on their Discord Server:

Unfortunately a change made in today’s update seems to break a key part of our file loading for the G1000. This is causing a broken MFD, and it may affect other bits of the Garmins, too. I’ve sent a query off to our friends at Asobo for some more information/guidance and we’ll get things straight as soon as we can, if we can. But there won’t be a release for these tonight. We’ll keep you posted.

12 Likes

Thanks for relaying that. :slight_smile:

This afternoon we have an update just about ready, it’s in the hands of our QA team at the moment. Once we have good confidence that it functions correctly and doesn’t cause any other problems I’ll post an update notice here.

Thanks for your patience, this was a slightly tricky one to solve.

5 Likes

The update is now live and compatible with 1.15.7.0. Thanks @kaosfere4829!

1 Like

Please do note the notice on the release page about the engine display pages. This will affect, for sure, the community G36, DA40, and DA62 mods. I’ve posted in the relevant threads about this if you want to check those.

The short form is if you previously made use of WTEngineDisplay.xml to provide customized engine pages, you’ll need to copy the content of that into the panel.xml of the plane, as we can no longer read the original XML file. It doesn’t matter where it’s put in there, but it’s probably easiest just to paste it all in at the very end, right above the final </PlaneHTMLConfig> tag.

Sorry for the inconvenience. This was the best alternative solution we could find.

5 Likes

Thank you for the update.

I just loaded the G1000 v0.3.5 and tried it in the C208. The default OBS is no longer working and the few default setup selections are not obviously available, or not emulated. Have I missed something regarding the operation of the G1000 or made an error? I didn’t edit the xml file, so I guess the engine pages are not available to me.

2 Likes

There is no OBS in the WT G1000 mod. Hope they will implement this soon.

2 Likes

Plus one for fixing the OBS in the G1000 - this is key functionality.

Also, please can you add OBS mode to the G3000?

Thanks.

1 Like

I think at this point the default G1000 is better than the WT G1000, the G3000 is still amazing though

Wrfly
You are correct, the WT G1000 doesn’t appear to have OBS at the moment. The Default G1000 has OBS working now and if you are prepared to go through & select your user settings each flight, the default is ok. The WT saves user selections between flights which makes it a bit more user friendly. If WT add OBS then the prize would be theirs for sure, fingers crossed.

OBS is a good feature on any GPS,

3 Likes

I haven’t used any G1000 aircraft in quite some time now. Is this a true statement? I plan on taking a flight in the Bonanza this afternoon and want to decide if I should use the WT mod or not.

Try it for yourself I’m not a big enough expert. But losing OBS on the WT G1000 is enough to put it aside for me. The G3000 has a TON of extra features so it’s noticeable.

It is true, yes. We haven’t backported OBS into out G1000 yet. I’ve been meaning to make time to look at it to see if it would be a labor-intensive task. If not we can add it, but I can’t make any promises at this point.

5 Likes

That would just be brilliant!

OBS in the WT G1000 would be a good asset to have. I often use OBS so the default G1000 is currently my chosen version. Of course WT also has numerous other features, which the default G1000 does not emulate. If you guys can implement OBS in the 1000, I’ll be using WT in a flash.

2 Likes

So is the 4.0 beta (from December!!) no longer viable? I’ve tried it a couple of times, and the MFD acts like it’s been smoking the good stuff.

I have recently noticed an odd behaviour on the map display on the MFD. While the underlying map scrolls smoothly, aeronautical features such as navaids and airports move with the aircraft and “jump” to the correct actual position every 3 seconds or so. Best shown in this very short YouTube video:

I virtually always fly the Beech Bonanza G36 community improvement project mod. I have only started noticing it after the most recent MSFS update. I really cannot say if it was ever present before: I had never noticed it before so I would have to say it is at least somewhat unlikely.

Checked with C172 G100: same issue. Removed all mods (I normally only use the G36 mod, the WT G100 mod and one Bonanza livery): all good. Reloaded with the G36 mod plus livery: still good. Added back the WT1000 mod and the issue appeared again.

Glass cockpit refresh rate is on Medium but this does not seem to be the issue as it is OK without the WT1000 mod.

Anybody else ever seen this? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 Like

what’s the status of the WT G1000? How do we know when an update is released? Is it at the moment better than the default G1000?