[RELEASED] Ant's Airplanes Tiger Moth

This one?

Here’s the real thing:

4 Likes

Is it just me, or does she have to little parasitic drag? She seems to decend at a too shallow angle, and float too much I think :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m happy to report that this indeed fixed the milkiness of the gauge glass. Now it looks great and contrasty, and only a bit milky when the sunlight hits it directly, which is realistic of course.

Shadows

Sunlight

5 Likes

spaceweevil uploaded LN-KFT #169 on sim-outhouse, would that be OK?

Meanwhile, I painted I-GATO:
gato(004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

gato(002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

6 Likes

You can of course wind up the “wear and tear” slider in game settings to get more parasitic drag.

Can offer a livery of K-2567.

12 Likes

It cruises on the numbers - whch isn’t necessarily a good indicator because it can do that by lacking drag and power, but it also seems to climb on the numbers too, which is a positive indicator of power/thrust being in the right area.Of course once again it’s not a guarantee.

There are real life Tiger pilots flying it, what do you guys think?

2 Likes

Registered, downloaded and about to check out. Thanks for the heads-up!

I found out there are some errors in the I-GATO paint, I hope to come with an update in a few days

1 Like

Thanks for putting out the Tiger Moth! I’m having a lot of fun with it so far, and it’s a great addition to my growing stable of biplanes. It really looks great from both the external view and in the cockpit, and it has a lot of fun extra features like the removeable cowling and the opening side-doors.

I was wondering if it was possible to add the ability to control the Auto Slots Lock lever with the game’s flaps axis control? I know that it’s effectively a binary on/off switch, but I don’t have flaps keys on my throttle HOTAS, only the flaps axis. For a similar example, the Flying Iron Spitfire IX lets you control the up/down flaps toggle lever with the flaps axis (0-50% for down, 51%-100% for up).

Thanks!

Can I ask which paint kit you are using for the reskins? Assume you’re using the old FSX one and upscaling some of the textures as I can’t find a paint-kit for the MSFS version (I might just be being dim). I fancy having a go at a repaint for the Tiger Moth at my local airfield :grinning:

You can download a paintkit on this page https://www.antsairplanes.com/msfstigermoth.html

Great, thankyou - so it is the FSX version :slight_smile:

Sorry linked the wrong page at first but now pointing at the actual MSFS product page!

1 Like

IGATO04 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

I’ve updated I-GATO, just download again

IGATO06 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

4 Likes

and this one will come hopefully soon:
ANSX06 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

5 Likes

With the availability of the new paintkit, I decided to try a paint too…featuring an Irish aircraft, EI-AHI

Available at Flightsim.to

5 Likes

Any of these repaints able to add paint chips and scratches… Or any textures at all. As this lovely plane is seriously lacking any. It’s the only part I don’t like. Even brand new from a factory isn’t like this. It immediately kills the realism.

I added some subtle scratching to the engine covers, however the airframe itself is covered by a fabric over round steel and wood frame.
EI-AHI is kept pretty immaculate, and another Irish Tiggie has just completed a restoration locally, and it too is immaculate. The owners /operators tend to lavish lots of love on these aircraft.

4 Likes

I’ve flown in two Tiger Moths in my life, and both looked pristine. A lot of TLC goes into these aircraft.

5 Likes