[RELEASED] Discus-2c | Got Friends

Because there is no space and your hyphen is in wrong place. If you search this exactly, it does: “Discus-2c“

OUCH.

Now THAT is some pretty bad search optimization…

FWIW I didn’t see it come up when I just searched “Discus”, either.

Yea they don’t have the best search algorithm there do they, haha. I clicked through Payware > Gliders to get you that link :wink:

1 Like

Thanks again. Been flying Condor 2 for a bit. Looking forward to trying this out.

No worries. It’s awesome — have fun! :slight_smile: :+1:

2 Likes

This airport looks weird…

Hey guys,

Can I use the new MS native tow and winch features with the magnificent Discus?

Thanks

Not yet, update is in the works and it’s going to take longer than usual because we are trying to figure out how to keep our multiplayer towplane functionalilty whilst still keeping native features.

12 Likes

Assuming this update is still looking far from getting ready (this was posted more than a month ago), isn’t it possible to release a “beta” variant working solely with native launchers while keeping the current one for multiplayer features (just like we have FES and non-FES variants in the same download)? Unfortunately, the Kinetic Assistant towplane is not as good as the native one, and I would love to start practicing aero tows with the Discus using the native towplane.

2 Likes

I second that. I would love to have the native winch and tow plane for the Discus.

1 Like

I’m also looking forward to the Discus being updated to use the MSFS native tow feature. In the interim, I’m flying aero tows with the LS4 by MADoloSimulations+B21 which has been updated.

While it’s nice to have an official update, it’s perfectly possible to fly the Discus with the native launch methods with only a few config-changes: change ui_typerole in aircraft.cfg to “Glider” and copy the Glider-Section of ai.cfg of one of the native gliders over. If you don’t want to fiddle with those files yourself, head over to the sim soaring club’s discord - there is a nav mod, that includes those changes (and more).

4 Likes

Or find a nice long runway and use FES … difficult but possible :joy:

Discus-2c Official Update Version 2.0.6.
This includes Premium and Freeware

Flightsim.to Freeware: Updated
Flightsim.to Premium: Awaiting Approval
Got Friends Website: Updated
In-Game Marketplace: Submitted (Needs Microsoft Approval)

Official Version 2.0.6. Changelog:

• Incorporated Native Launch Features
  • Added New Launch Menu Options
  • Moved Old Launch Menu Options
  • Merged Native and Multiplayer Launch Features
  • Added New F-150 Winch Vehicle
  • Updated GTFD Glider Airfield
  • Updated LX-NAV HTML Display
  • Added Settings Menu to LX-NAV Display
  • Removed Button Features on Navigation Display
  • Removed How-to-Glide Document from Pocket
  • Updated Ballast Dump Visual Effects
  • Updated Model XML Animation Scripts
  • Added Optional No Registration Panel
  • Added Freedom Livery
  • Added Homelander Livery
  • Updated Flight Model and Flight States
  • Updated Checklists
  • Updated Aircraft.cfgs
  • Updated Release Cable Sounds
  • Updated Adverse Yaw Default Parameters
  • Updated Flight Manual

Extra Information:
The Discus-2c is now fully compatible with native features, we have included a new launch menu for additional launch options and our old launch menu is still accessible for those who enjoyed the old winch launch. Thank you for all the patience throughout this process. We have been delayed for quite some time because of the lack of Official Glider support from Asobo and marketplace delays of the Wilga 35/80 Series. We hope that you enjoy this update and we will continue to improve it in the future.

Also, JackBilbo’s LXN Navigation Replacement Mod has been fully updated and is compatible with the latest update.

Download Link: Discus 2c - LXN Nav Replacement » Microsoft Flight Simulator

ALL DISCUS-2C LIVERY CREATORS
You must change your aircraft.cfg and texture.cfg fallback files after this update. This is a MAJOR update and we had to change the aicraft type to “Glider” from “Single-Engine”. The paintkit has been updated with new example files if you need help.

Starting now, EVERY COMMUNITY LIVERY will be INCOMPATIBLE until the livery artist updates their packages. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience, however this update had to be made and these files were always bound to change once the 40th Anniversary incorporated gliders.

Cheers! We hope this transition isn’t painful and look forward to everyone’s feedback.

Updated Flight Manual: GF_DISCUS_MANUAL_v2.0.6.pdf - Google Drive

21 Likes

I just tested the new launch methods. Works great. Thanks for adding this!

1 Like

Hmm nice update but … The buttons on the nav display no longer work so now I am stuck with the blue tinted canopy … any suggestions?

Have you installed the optional LXN Nav Replacement mod?
Then you can use one of the 4 knobs to get into the settings and can adjust everything there.

I am not sure if this is also possible without the Replacement mod.

1 Like

I haven’t as yet but I’ll give it a go … thanks

I tried the new Premium version with the LX Nav replacement. When I start the flight, the towplane is there and hooked up but there is no wing runner, that’s probably why moving the rudder has no effect and I can’t launch (the built-in winch still works).