[V2B2 RELEASED] Fenix High-Fidelity A320

Some people think a Fenix with IAE´s are only an urban legend like Slenderman.
Others claim they have already seen it somewhere. No one knows for sure when there will be IAE engines for us :wink:
Only time will tell…

1 Like

Glad to see you again. It’s been too long since the last time, GamingCat2130. Maybe you got lost looking for the IAE? I hope you got a great adventure :rofl: :rofl:
Don’t worry, IAE will come… one of these days. In the meantime, let’s enjoy CFMs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Has it already been noticed that the wind indications on the CPT and F/O ND’s are different? Typically about 60 degrees different direction and 10-20 kt speed, sometimes more.

1 Like

I submitted a ticket regarding the inconsistent wind display on the ND, as the digits showing the wind direction are sometimes showing the wrong direction, not in line with the arrow, which seems to work correctly. Didn’t compare with copilot side though. I received an email yesterday that the issue is known and being worked on.

1 Like

Is there any known bug with the wheel brakes? For the third time after pushback I got temperatures of over 600 degrees. I should wait for take off and use the break fan. Does not work. If i take off plane is stuck in go arround profile.

Are you using GSX? It’s a known bug sometimes appears when you use GSX.

1 Like

Yes, ok, didnt know that. Thanks!

Obviously no fix yet it happened again today in quite calm winds at cruise height. The other annoying problem with the Fenix A320 has been the hot brakes problem after a GSX Pro pushback. This seemed to have disappeared for a while but came back today. Unfortunately the old fix for this of opening Maintenance in the FMC and clicking on Hot Brakes in Failures doesn’t work anymore. I did have a small unrelated update in MSFS this morning but no other reason the hot brakes problem is back.

Ah you have missed me :slight_smile: well I have tested VR during the christmas month and played a few games that refused to launch with the old Vega11 non-raytracing graphics chip.
And of course a new cockpit overhaul for the Boeing 737 and the Fenix is finished, the Fenix with the darker petrol Airbus RAL colour, and the 737 cockpit is much more nice and clean now.

Now even the cockpit fire extinguisher looks good with this fake buckle gone and way better labelling that does not look like cheap stickers…

And the overhead panel is finished too - at least the new cabin differential pressure control panel, unfortunately I cannot find the labels for the old classic cabin pressure panel version anywhere in the textures that´s why in the old classic pressure panel the “AUTO ALTN MAN” labels over the round switch will stay misaligned.

But every month that passes by these Fenix IAE engines turn into a myth more and more… :smiley:
But with this beautyful new fire extinguisher and the new clean throttles flying the 737 is now fun too!
And learning the 737 is a new challenge and nice distraction while waiting for the Fenix IAE.

2 Likes

The same to me. Still no idea how to fix this warning…after take off on Fenix a320

Just a few days ago I flew her from FRA to NUE using default scenery for departure and Aerosoft for the arrival and real weather. However on landing the scenery didn’t load correctly - neither Aerosoft scenery nor default textures, it was just like partially loaded. I think the Fenix is a demanding thing for the simulator in comparison with the scenery. Using a GTX2080i and 32 GB RAM with the sim on the SSD HD.

Kind regards.

Did someone experienced this issue too?

Cones are not on the ground. EBBR

Sounds like you’re using one of the AI addons. When too many simobjects have been loaded, new stuff (like airports, or anything for that matter) stops loading, even if those models are long gone from your locality.

Sadly, for whatever reason, this is what happens when programmers are allowed to make UI decisions. Seems to me there ought to be a law, with stiff fines, to prevent this kind of thing.

1 Like

Any news about the next update? It’s been a while since the last update.

5 Likes

If I follow the FS Academy jet liner tutorials, will all of this be applicable tot the Fenix model?

Thanks
Bram

As far as I understand they’re rewriting the whole thing including the EFB. Hence no updates to show. I wish they’d done the IAE engines first and then rewrite but they know their software best so there must be a reason they didn’t. I also understood the graphics/design will be better.

3 Likes

I hope this rewriting be more fps friendly than we have now.

9 Likes

My last flight, the brakes got up to 1400C – which I think would leave them as molten slag. Now that’s some hard braking…

In case you didn’t figure it out on your own (which you probably did), it shows up as a mechanical failure in the FMC maintenance section, and you can clear it out there which will reset the temps to a more reasonable level.

2 Likes

According to Windows TaskManager, the program “FenixBootstraper” uses between 3% and 5% of my CPU even when I fly another plane like the PMDG 737.

Why? …and is there any way I can stop it from doing that other than to go in the task manger every time and stop the program?

4 Likes