[V2B2 RELEASED] Fenix High-Fidelity A320

was expecting an update with SU12 as well… hope fenix get things together

Was my favorite airliner, but PMDG with constants updates is the one i fly the most nowadays

Also almost 5 months without an update kinda sux :confused:

4 Likes

Not too sure why folks would have expected an update with SU12?

The Beta showed SU12 didn’t break anything so nothing to update.

PMDG updated, because the Parking Break was broken as a result of SU12 (yes some other stuff was pushed, but the main reason was SU12 broke the plane.

4 Likes

With MSFS, we’ve been spoiled for updates. Remember FSX days - no updates for months and years.

1 Like

PMDG have updated its plane 6 o 7 times since the last Fenix update, so don’t blame to SU12 for the lack of Fenix updates in comparison with PMDG.

Fenix are as I understand it, are totally rebuilding the plane? What really really needs to happen is the IAE engines with this update whenever it comes. It is a must IMHO.

Not blaming anything.

And for the record, I own all 4 737 variants, so I have much more invested in PMDG than Fenix.

Fenix is rebuilding the aircraft almost entirely. So they won’t be releasing updates unless there is something game breaking (like was for PMDG in SU12).

1 Like

Well, I’ve just had the most weird of experiences, on a flight from VMMC (Macao) to VVNB (Hanoi), where i suspect a few controller disconnects have thrown a bit of a spanner in the works somewhere.

To cut a long story short, the symptom was that the altitude, both that indicated on the altimeter and the distance from the ground, seemed to “get stuck” at 4,300ft. Even when i disabled the AP and flew with the stick, the attitude would change, as would the speed, but the altitude remained at 4,300ft. I suspect I could have stood the aircraft on it’s nose, with ever increasing speed and an appropriate indication on the artificial horizon, without crashing into the ground.

The controller issues, which i suspect might have caused this, occurred as I was cruising at 36,000ft, indicated by the USB connection sounds through my headset. I have a perhaps-starting-to-fail USB hub that I use to connect my TM Warthog Throttle and Stick and Crosswind pedals to a single port on my PC. It looked like it was the throttle connection that had failed, but I disconnected all of the plugs and reconnected them, just to make sure. As far as MSFS was concerned, this seemed to do the trick, as all of the controllers appeared to be working. However, I wonder if something behind the scenes had failed and caused the odd altitude behaviour?

It may be that I never see this again, but I will fly the same flight again and see if it goes to plan.

Edit: I’ve just reloaded the flight and the Fenix app was asking me to log in again, so it looks like it might have completely closed down at some point during the previous flight. probably when the controller issue occurred. Let’s see how the rest of the flight goes. :slight_smile:

Yeah, they’re gonna be bringing us IAEs and sharklets. Free update. Can’t wait for it to arrive.
Current CFMs getting an update too I believe, along with other performance upgrades.

Why update what’s not broken when they’re working on a major update with the IAEs etc? PMDG keep updating to fix what the sim keeps breaking.
We still need the EFB from PMDG. Where’s that update?

1 Like

That’s a bummer.

Just flown from Laos to Bangkok and again suffered from this issue. This time there were no controller disconnects, so something odd is happening somewhere.

I was on an RNAV approach to Runway 19L and all was going well, up to the point where i reached around 4,300ft, so the same altitude as last time. The aircraft would not descend any further, despite me disabling AP and pushing the sidestick as far forward as it would go. As last time, the nose went down, the speed increased, but the altitude stayed at around 4,300ft.

From an outside view, the aircraft looked to be pointing down at about 45 degrees and the speed was well over 300kts, but still no change in altitude.

I suspect that I might need to do a little more investigation and stick a report in, if it looks like it isn’t something to do with my setup.

Edit: A very helpful peep on the Fenix forum has just suggested i turn off the MSFS Icing option, in the assistance settings, as that can apparently cause this issue. I’ve turned it off now and will try the flight again.

On some videos the autopilot panel (sometimes also the MCDU) is complete yellow illuminated like modern LEDs while the rest of the cockpit is lit more like kinda beige.
Like for example here:

The old Airbus in this YouTube video on the screenshot has the classic light-bulb illumination also on the autopilot.
Seeing this was very inspiring, so I will make one version with modern bright yellow LED-lit autopilot and MCDU, and one version with this old classic light bulb illumination to choose from…

Of course also some more small glitches are fixed too because a true Airbus conaisseur enjoys the cockpit bug-free :wink:

All details have been taken care of in the newest update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Soso Fenix. they kicked everybody not purcheased out of their discord. seem they have to hide someting for potential cusotmers. if you have not bought it you are not allowed to read.
was active since Nov just saw it now.

Taken from Fenix Discord:

As of November 2022, our Discord server is mainly for verified Fenix customers. You can still read announcements etc, but won’t be able to talk in the channels or use the customer only area.

So is there anything new im not aware of, or what are you talking about mate?

4 Likes

I mean that makes sense to a degree. Paying customers having access directly to support and to the developers or tech team. On the other hand it does limit the potential for future buyers as those curious enough to want to see or understand how things work are not going to be able to do so. Pay to play is nothing new to the gaming community and although some may feel it’s a bad business tactic it’s well within their right to do so. Consider it a means to protect their property if you will. MS could make these forums accessible only to those who purchased MSFS if they wanted to and it would be well within their right to do so. To TundraKeks, sorry not everyone thinks every and all information should be freely available but as they are the developers, it’s their call. Like it or leave it.

There is nothing really special about their discord and if you did not buy the Fenix why would you even wanne be there? For basic questions this place here is sufficient.

6 Likes

Access to support areas being for verified customers only isn’t exactly a new concept. Lots of developers have been utilising this strategy for years now. First of all why would anyone need support for a product they don’t own, and secondly, it’s another step toward cracking down on piracy (admittedly, not a huge step, but every little helps). There’s more than enough information online about this product to allow potential customers make an educated decision on whether to buy it or not.

2 Likes

i see it as they have to hide something. sorry to say. they dont want that potential customers read independent feedback. Fenix is not subject to not legal copying so where is the problem.

i want to know what i buy. thats why i want to be in the discord. as there is no trial how shall i get independent info !

They’re not hiding anything. This is your opinion, which you of course are entitled to.
You’ll find plenty of info in this topic, it’s certainly large enough.

Many people love the Fenix, many don’t. That’s the joy in choice. Ask your questions here if you like, I’m sure folks will be happy to answer.

5 Likes

Does anyone find the VNAV to be very aggressive on the initial descent from cruise? I have found that the airplane has an initial descent rate of between 3500-4000 fpm requiring constant use of the speed brakes to comply with speed restrictions on certain STARS. Has anyone else experienced this? It’s almost like the descent path is to steep. Also, the climb rate with wing and engine anti ice on is awful. I don’t believe the real aiplane perfroms that poorly.