[V2B2 RELEASED] Fenix High-Fidelity A320

Price will be the decider for me as well.

1 Like

Same here, if the price is to steep I will stick with FBW’s but if it is around 50-60€ I might actually get it

I think with PMDG 737 and to a slightly lesser extent the BAE147 the market price has been set. I think it unlikely a mainstream developer would want to go too far outside of that, especially when they have competition from high quality freeware.

Fenix has the Prosim license which must be paid, so this case is different. probably prosim will also get a fee per aircraft sold.
as we all do not know the licensing terms we have to see what happens.
but i agree, if too expensive people will stay with the fbw.
they create a high level product so this will be reflected in the price (my opinion).

1 Like

Hottfix has been released for SU9. May the speculation about a Fenix announcement start!

8 Likes

Pretty sure we’re gonna see some streams this week that will show it off. Then release soon after.

Very excited. I’m personally more excited about this than with the 737.

1 Like

Same way more excited for this and I am not even that much of an Airbus guy.

4 Likes

The glorious Fenix Airbus air conditioning system when doing some arctic flights will be especially fascinating! It has an own TFT screen sub-menu dedicated only to the various temperature settings in the freight room the cockpit and other areas, with hot air nozzle temp and more.

The Fenix Airbus and the PMDG 737 are both so glorious that only rolling a dice can decide which one to fly next! :smiley:

Can we get some more screenshots and videos please, and some cool blog update - it has really been a long wait since January 31st…

So silent this topic , guess simmers are quite busy with PMDG

Honestly, I find it extremely difficult for them to offer a price in the 60-80 dollar range. And then there’s the competition with a freeware addon and a lot of people will ask ‘Why do I have to pay dearly for an A320 when FBW is free?’

So, even though the Fenix A320 promises to be an extremely high quality addon, I see that its sales potential will be lower than that of the PMDG 737. And if it comes with a price above $80, then sales will be even more restricted.

2 Likes

Also no Fenix on xbox whereas the 737 will be, so a large chunk of the market cut off there, including people like me who would rather buy a high fidelity A320 than the 737 but will be left with no choice.

No FBW A320 on marketplace due to licensing problems so ironically if Fenix were there they might do even better as no freeware competition, captive market.

From what I’ve read they are using an external engine so it seems there really is zero chance of it being xbox compatible.

Really is there much we can discuss on here? Absolutely no news from Fenix all year, a comment from a tester saying how great it is, and a suggestion it might be released in the near future, but beyond that we have nothing.

Topic is silent because fenix is silent
If this plane will be released within days, why don’t we see previews, news etc?

There’s still NDA on the plane.
The team is currently testing if the new SU9 patch didn’t break anything.

The NDA is thought to be lifted soon after the testing is complete with streamers starting to show the plane.

Just be patient. It’s only a matter of days or weeks if nothing broke.

Sometimes I wonder about people who constantly discuss the price. I am not rich in no way, but it is strange to read “when it will cost 50 no one will buy it, 60 bucks is waaaaaay to expensive no one is going to buy that!” etc.

So many real simmers bought the PMDG 737 that their servers went down for 12 hours or more. :smiley:

We have had absolute rip-off arcade-trashliners nothing but a joke, sold for 20€-35€ and absolute worthless for so many years now.
Finally having REAL airplanes and the choice between a study-level Boeing and soon a study-level Airbus is like a god-sent gift now. Do you really think one great airplane release every three to five years for 60$ or so is “too expensive, I am not going to buy it”…?

Every new game costs 69€ - 79€. Yes this is expensive too but there is also only one good game every year, maybe no release at all. A true survival horror fan would never say: “Well… I am not going to buy Resident Evil 2 because in five or six years will be the next Resi release anyway.”

For a true simmer truest to the core realism is the most important thing :slight_smile: and we should be really happy and thankful to finally have four Airliners available after all these years of waiting (CRJ, MadDog, Boeing 737… and legends tell about a Fenix Airbus to released in a few days. I don´t think so but this is a different story…).

And all these planes are on sale at least 2x every year if you want to save some money :wink:

16 Likes

One great airplane release every 3 to 5 years for $60? We’ve had the Just Flight Bae146, the MadDog, and the PMDG 737 just in the past couple of weeks. The Fenix Airbus is set to release any time, and there are 3 more full-priced PMDG variants scheduled to release this year.

So, why is there a discussion about price? MSFS brings far more players to the sim than all other prior platforms combined. Consequently, devs stand to make a lot more volume sales than ever before, so can reasonably lower the cost, and pick up even more volume. We have seen statements by PMDG about their DC-6 sales and Aerosoft about their CRJ sales. They are blown away by the volume of sales. That should, theoretically, mean better pricing for the customer.

5 Likes

You would think so, however the reality of capitalism suggests otherwise. And economics 101, corner the market, set the price. Since there are a lack of high fidelity airliners on MSFS, PMDG et al can sell for a high price (for context, I don’t think £60 is particularly high myself) and people will pay.

I understand the hype about super realistic aircraft in a sim,I also like to have in depth systems and stuff, what Ive seen the last few weeks was people getting very enthusiastic about things like for example temperature conditioning in the cargo compartments my question would be why are you guys so excited about such things as they dont really do anything in the sim? Or is it just that you want a 99% working aircraft? I mean thats lots of work to do for developers.really curious here

AMAZING isn´t it?
That was the best Flight Sim year ever!
Last year´s highlights were the DC-6 Cloudmaster and the Carenado Seneca, this year it´s the famous and superior PMDG 737 and the MadDog, and the epic Flysimware Cessna 414 Chancellor. (And probably the Fenix - IF it releases in 2022…).

Maybe my math was a little bit… off… it´s not one plane every three years but three planes in one year. :smiley:
AWESOME!

3 Likes

(Sorry I cannot add this to my posting because of slow mode and editing.)

And always see it this way: You can buy the PMDG 737 now, and give yourself a nice MadDog or the Fenix Airbus some months later on christmas. No need to buy everything day one on release… The most important thing is that these super study-level planes exist and are released. :wink: