[RELEASED] Gee Bee R3 Special - Got Friends

No, it only existed on paper.

Looks absolutely awesome! Love how you and those involved have brought the R3 to life!

Looks really different to any other aircraft so far which is always a huge bonus!

Just mentioning, Got Gravel has put hundreds of hours into the flight model. Dig into the Lycoming AEIO-580-B1A (the Aerobatic version of their 330HP 6 cylinder beast…has special fuel and oil pumps and such to deal with negative G’s).

This thing knife edges (with positive VSI), rolls (270 degree/second), hammerheads, 9G Turns, Flick Rolls, Donut spins on the Ground, and she has spoiler assisted speed speed turning and 50% more horse power than the Savage Grravel.

If you’re looking for a simple single engine GA scoot and shoot, this ain’t it.

4 Likes

Take my money, looks awesome and with gravel involved I already know it will fly great.

Sorry if I missed it, but will it be coming to the msfs marketplace?

One thing I would say is that the wear and tear on the bezels is a tad overdone for my tastes, but it looks great regardless.

All the gauges are going through a texture Overhaul right now and the bezels should look quite better, TwoSeventyInc is doing a fantastic job with texturing.

Got Gravel has really brought life to this project and was doing it side by side with his #FreedomFox project, so I’d say he was pumped full of energy and enthusiasm for this as well.

Actually it’s release is something special. We can’t talk about much, but this isn’t going to be a SimMarket or personal website release. We are the first release on a big coming platform (No more on that discussion). Lol however, we do plan on releasing this directly to the Marketplace as well. The FPS and modeling has been optimized over and over again and is 100% ready for smooth VR and Xbox Performance. This thing has a fairly small file size for it’s punch! It has been designed that way so you can have the best multiplayer racing experience and never worry about your FPS. Hopefully Asobo pulls their head out and approves my partnership request so I can bring it in-game to you all as well.

1 Like

You are saying all the right things to me, just let me know when I can throw some money in your general direction :rofl:

2 Likes

Please get simacoustics to do your sounds and it will be perfect

looks great.

1 Like

It also exists as an RC model as pictured in my post above…

Hmmmm… A model that you can control remotely via stick and rudders… That is an idea that could catch on here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beta Testing will start Monday and a release will shortly follow with an exciting announcement. Thanks for sticking with us and being patient.

2 Likes

The Rocketeer is a fun movie and was probably the first introduction for a number of people to that era of aviation. Who knows, maybe one of them will use that childhood inspiration to make one of the vintage Gee Bees for MSFS. Oh, how I’d roll my eyes in joy!

Also, The Rocketeer has Jennifer Connelly in her prime. :wink:

1 Like

It was meant to be funny - not an insult. People today are always looking for an excuse to be chapped

Yeah, and I thought you had found one. :wink:

1 Like

I never use emoji’s - I just leave it all up to the reader…never read a book worth reading that included them

You know, in hindsight I haven’t found any of your posts worth reading, so I’m gonna do something about that.

Piece be with you -

Start your Engines! Thanks to all the individuals who have provided great feedback so far. These requests will be fixed before release! More announcements soon!

5 Likes

Very pretty. Good luck with the launch.

1 Like

In the first picture, one of the prop blades, the one that goes down. It looks like it is sandwiched from two blades. Just a 3D model glitch?