RELEASED! Just Flight Bae146 "the Little Jumbojet" April 29th

A quick update on the 146. The custom UNS-1 FMS has been going through beta testing for a couple of months and we’re currently adding and improving functionality (including independent left and right FMS control). We’re nearing the end of development and will share more news on that soon.

We’ve continued to work on bug fixes and improvements for the visuals and systems, so please make sure to report anything you find to our support team so that we can address those ASAP.

Sincerely hoping that the aircraft itself will be getting some inspections/tweaks too. A lot has happened Sim-Update-wise since the last Bae146 patch.

We’re not aware of any Sim Update specific issues with the 146 so please get in touch to report anything you’ve discovered.

Martyn - Just Flight

14 Likes

Any progress updates you can share on the Avro Jet?

1 Like

Also progressing well and we should have a new In Development update within the next week.

Currently working on the LNAV, VNAV and autoland functionality.

Martyn - Just Flight

14 Likes

You might switch on the AC pump. This allows manually steering using the slider or with your rudder pedals.

1 Like

Has anybody else experienced an issue with the 146 FMCs not coming on when you have the PMS50 GTN750 installed? I was having issues on the weekend where I couldn’t get the FMS on so tried disabling other add-ons to see if there was a conflict and found that the GTN750 was the cause.
I’m sure it used to work when having both of these installed and haven’t seen anybody else complain about it though so I’m not sure if somehow this is only affecting me?

I have the PMS50 750 installed & the CC2 I just jumped in fired up the FMCs & other nav gear just fine. Is this limited to one model in particular or all of them?

Hmm I have only tried in the -200 (Qantaslink livery). I load in at a stand, cold and dark, and turn on the batteries and avionics switches and everything other than the FMS starts up.
I will try other variants when I get a chance

Just tested and it seems to happen regardless of the 146 variant. Not sure why I would be the only one having this issue though? :thinking:
Is there anything I could do to track down that particular issue?

Try with an empty community folder, with only the 146 in it, using a base livery.
These type of issues are normally caused by a mod conflict.

I have tried removing mods and specifically found that it is a conflict with the PMS 750 mod but other people seem to be able to have both of these installed without a problem

Other then checking if the PMS50 is the newest version I have no idea what could be the issue.

I agree as to ensuring you are updated to the latest versions of each.
The only thing else you might try is going to Just Flight’s forum:

Definitely both are up to date. I will try posting on the JF forums as well

1 Like

Did yuo try removing everything except the 146 & the 750? there’s possibly a bad interaction between more than those two.

There are some really wierd avionics bugs with SU12 - I keep losing COM2/NAV2 on various aircraft, I’ve seen other people report all avionics gone after a touch & go…

A bug I’d also like to report (which may have preceded SU12, but I don’t use the autopilot very often on approaches…). I have found that the glideslope capture mode (GSL) to be very aggressive/sensitive, which causes the aircraft to porpoise up/down throughout the approach and be in a constant state of over-correcting itself. To that end, it struggles also to “average” the correct glide.

I find that this happens at a variety of conditions and approach speeds, but particularly when ATC require us to hold 160kts until 4 DME (Flaps 18), for example. Landing weight well under MLW, conditions calm, GSL annunciator active and “glideslope captured” on the callouts - so I can’t see any reason as to why this mode wouldn’t be working correctly.

I’d be more than happy to on-screen record this in my next flight if you need. If anyone else could chime in on their experiences with GSL mode, it would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

1 Like

I haven’t flown it since su12 ( gpu is constantly crashing now ) but out of interest do you have any optional WT marketplace navgear?

One more thing to try might be to add a couple of degrees deadzone in pitch in your controller profile. Believe it or not the profile affects the autopilot somehow, one mitigation for the CRJs wandering LNAV issue is profile tweaks…

The only WT product I have installed at the moment is the free G1000 NXI. I don’t see why it would conflict with a non-glass-cockpit aircraft such as the Bae-146, but happy to try testing my next flight without the mod installed.

As for deadzones, I have 5% set on both pitch/roll profiles. This - I’m a little less happy to change, since I spent a fair amount of time fine-tuning this profile to be perfect to hand-fly on my controls. Furthermore, increasing the deadzone effectively decreases the X/Y range, which in turn makes the controls more sensitive… (unless one is willing to cut-off the top-end of the input ranges to maintain similar sensitivity).

In any case, I’ll try both suggestions for the sake of experimentation and will report my findings here.

Thanks for the help,

5% is about what I have on the CRJ anyway, everything else Ijust fly raw. MSFS’s autopilot interactions can get beyond wierd, I don’t think the G1000 is causing problems though - the addon 530 ( rather than the native one WT have done ) has been causing issues all over the place & I’m never quite sure if that’s fixed.

Other thing to try might be to just load the aircraft a bit more nose heavy…

1 Like

From memory, I’d say that the majority of my flights do not exceed this C.G range from start to finish (highlighted below). I’ll try a lower setting in my experiments and report if I can find a ‘sweet spot’ that the autopilot can handle well in GSL mode.

Thanks again,

UPDATE:

I found that reducing the authority/sensitivity of pitch is what made a difference on how GSL mode is handled throughout the approach. As you’ll see in the video below, even after this adjustment there is still a rather “aggressive” transition between the 2 autopilot modes (ALT->GSL) but certainly not as profound as what I’ve experienced before. Furthermore it did end up stabilizing on the glideslope in the end, which was a relief. These were admittedly, pretty calm conditions.

This wasn’t the only autopilot mode transition that I found to be a tad aggressive. Another example is when switching from V/S to IAS mode. You’d expect a “sudden” change of pitch if the IAS is accelerating/decelerating significantly at the point of changing modes, but even when the IAS is stable, I get a similar reaction to the example video above. I haven’t tested this particular transition yet since I adjusted my controls, but it does appear that all these things are connected.

Please feel free to chime in if your experiences differ. It would be interesting to find out if the autopilot’s “snappy” behavior is true to form, or if it’s slightly exaggerated in the sim.

Thanks,

1 Like

So this turned out to be a bigger project than I had hoped but I have solved my issue with the FMS screens staying black…

I tried with only the 146 and GTN750 in my community folder and the problem still existed. I then thought maybe some of the extra add-ons I have downloaded in game (in the official folder) might be the cause. I was hoping I could move them out of that folder to test, then move them back in afterwards however it turns out this is NOT THE CASE!

I ended up having to redownload everything (lucky I have unlimited downloads on my internet connection! :stuck_out_tongue: ) but now with all of my mods in the community folder the FMS is working fine in the 146. I would like to know exactly what caused the problem but I guess somewhere along the line something might have gone wrong during an update (I have had MSFS installed since the Alpha release so there have been many) and something got in a bad state. I’m just glad it is now fixed.

2 Likes