RELEASED! Just Flight Bae146 "the Little Jumbojet" April 29th

Sunday afternoon, reading some messages here to get up to date and wondering where is the Avro…
It is so similar to the 146, how can it take so long to release?
The wait is comfortingly nice, I’m sure it will be really terrific with all the dev time it is getting.

There was a video detailing this - it basically only looks like one from a work-hours point of view. If they decided to do an all new FM on top of the FMS then it’ll take forever …

How is this shaping up in regard to the Xbox? I know there are some reported issues with Wasm at the moment. For context I have a PC, but I used to play the sim on Xbox.

Ironically I switched because of the Wasm not being implemented, and got tired/frustrated of waiting. Haha.

2 Likes

Is anyone using AAO to map their elevator axis with this bird?

I haven’t flown it (or any msfs) in a while, but when I came back to it today, my elevator axis is not working properly. It feels and looks like as soon as I move that axis, something is instantly resetting the axis back to 0 - the control column twitches and jerks back to centre.

The axis is bound to ‘elevator’ in AAO (-1 ↔ +1). The similarly bound aileron and rudder axes behave normally.

No other aircraft suffers this issue and the axis tracks normally in AAO and other apps and games. Furthermore when I remove the axis from AAO and assign it directly in game, the problem goes away. So it isn’t a hardware issue or one of doubly bound controls. It is only the BAe146 which behaves this way.

Thanks for any guidance, advice or suggestions.

Did the flight dynamics changes recently for the BAE 146? I had two landings and the plane was floating too much and the nose would no settled down…

In sim, not in the aircraft itself. An update for the BAE146 is incoming in the next week or two I believe.

1 Like

Oh nice to hear! Thanks for this information :+1:

Yes, the J-F BAe146 update has been coming ‘next week’ for several weeks already! :grinning:
Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

I know it’s in testing and it was scheduled to drop along with the Hawk update after the PA28’s. Shouldn’t be long now.

1 Like

Yep, I’m eagerly looking forward to the Hawk update as well !

Setting Ready to Take Off in EFB doesn’t apoear to work.

Only works if starting on the runway.

Very twitchy.

Throttles won’t work at all with either FSIUPC or Axis and Ohs.

Have to make a custom profile in main sim Controls settings.

Clearly annoying as it doesn’t automatically detect the aircraft.

EFB won’t start aircraft properly either, when parked at the ramp.

1 Like

It must have broken in one of the sim updates, since it was working fine a few months back.

Hopefully the ‘next week’ patch will get it sorted back to good working order.

It runs through the entire startup itself rather than instantly setting the plane in hotstart/runway start state, so it’s going to take a while whatever you do. If that isn’t working then yeah, there’s a problem.

Edit: in 146 0.1.8 now, I hit the Ready for TO button, it’s going through startup just fine.

iamblue91 18 minutes ago

Hi there!

I know this is user error, but sometimes I can’t pick up any of the VOR. I’ve confirmed on LittleNavpMap they’re VORDME. I get the distance remaining changing, but the yellow arrow doesn’t move nor can I engage V/L.
Sometimes it’s fine sometimes it’s not.

I have NAV switched for both, VHF NAV switch selected to On, no flight plan loaded on the planning page, and FMS as no option.

I know it’s user error - any tips?

PAM = DME only, changed recently and is updated in the MFSF navdata.

Marcel

1 Like

Thanks - will try a different route and report back. I assume VORTAC aren’t captured either still?

Can you point me at a VORTAC? you can certainly tune TACAN up with the frequency ( if you can dig a table out ) & get DME from them.

I only recently acquired the BAE 146, so this post might be a little bit late, but others might find this interesting as well. Was looking for a more detailed description of the individual systems and found this playlist for what seem to be training videos. It it is not a perfect match as it is aimed at the Avro RJ, but it matches for systems like hydraulics, electrics, …

3 Likes

Will be handy when the Avro RJ drops too. :slight_smile:

1 Like