[RELEASED] Mini-500 | Got Friends

Bit of a late reply, but the Orbx Helipads released on Xbox today.

I’ve got Inibuilds’ Hooper Heliport. It seems like Orbx has one in the Police Pack.

Would you say it’s worth it to delete the Ini version?

Ok this is great! Cant wait to update mine! But I am on xbox.
Has anybody updated yet on PC?

For some reason the game wont start when choosing the mini 500 now, I am on cloud, but might not have anything to do with the chopper.

yes,updated here,work great :+1:

1 Like

Yes, I also had the inibuilds hooper heliport and removed it since it would conflict and the orbx one is more extensive. There were a few things done better in the nearby roads and union station in the inibuilds one but overall the orbx one is better so I removed the inibuilds one.

2 Likes

For those flying on Xbox or even on PC using an Xbox controller

It looks like SU12 has broken how the sim reads throttle / collective input with buttons.
Although it worked fine using the default Xbox controller, using A+B buttons to increase/decrease collective on the Mini500 in SU11, this is no longer the case on the marketplace 1.0.1 version nor our latest 1.0.2 webstore version on SU12.

We are aware of the issue and hunting for a fix… In the mean time, please use the “helicopter” controller profile that comes with the sim as that one does work. If you wish to make a custom one, you will need to use the “collective axis” bind to get things going as a temporary workaround.

Note, if you’re using a Joystick / Hotas, you should be fine. This just seems to be affecting Xbox controllers on the Mini500.

3 Likes

Strangely enough it does work sometimes, but then the chopper pulls to the left and cant be flown anyway, but the collective moves by the buttons. After a restart, then nothing.
Very strange!

1 Like

I’m having zero issues using buttons, no strange pull either.

1 Like

Ok good!
What controller do you use?!
I use a Elite series 2, if that has anything to do with it.

I have the phenomenon myself with the small helicopter.

I’m also on the XBOX, since yesterday with the SU12 (WASM) I have the same error that the helicopter sometimes drifts completely uncontrolled in any direction when starting.

2 Likes

Just a standard series S/X controller.

This is a very strange bug to say the least!
Just managed to get it of the ground by pulling up on the cyclic at the same time as pressing A button, then you need to wrestle it a bit to find a good spot to leave it and then you can fly around, as long as you dont touch the collective, but that is how I always fly.

But I also ended up in a situation where A and B buttons switched place and up was down and vice versa! How is this possible?!

Plugged in ordinary controller but no difference, still same problem.
But got it in the air by pulling the cyclic, so that is a trick that works at least.

Should say that I am playing on cloud and through a original xbox one!

FOR THOSE HAVING ISSUES SINCE SU12 - XBOX / PC CONTROLLERS:

Got a workaround for you lads that is significantly better than using the Asobo helicopter controller profile. This one alters the default in the most minimal way, meaning you can still look around the cockpit, and fly aircraft and rotorcraft without needing to swap controller profiles all the time:

1) Add the following keybinds to the default Xbox controller profile
- A button = Increase helicopter throttle
- B button = Decrease helicopter throttle
2) Once loaded in flight, turn the Governor switch on the collective to off

You will be able to fly the Mini500 as normal again, just like SU11. It looks like SU12 not only changed how default controller profile adjusted throttle on helicopters, but also the promised governor simulation for turbine helicopters seems to cause issues and is not working as intended.

We’re resubmitting our version 1.0.2 patch to marketplace and will be defaulting the governor switch to off as its clearly not working as intended since SU12 released. Will be out as soon as Microsoft approve it, hopefully in a week or so. Lots of great QoL fixes to trim, etc… Defaulting gov to off also adds one less step for those playing on Xbox or PC with Xbox controller.

Much love,

• GotFriends Developer Mykrode
4 Likes

I’m very, confused. I flew the mini yesterday using an xbox controller and didn’t see any problems with governor. What will your patch do to how I fly it?

THANK YOU!!! I hope you have more choppers on the way, will buy everything you make!

Nothing will change how you fly. We simply default the Governor switch to “Off”. If you flip it to “On” you fly exactly as you do now, with an auto-governor. If it’s off, you’ll need to manually control the throttle.
We also have made this switch persistent so its state will be remembered between flights.

Hi, I have the mini-500 on my pc and uses a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick with throttle. Before SU12 the heli was a dream to fly, but after SU12 during take off, the heli wants to roll over to the left. The throttle gives at idle setting a high rmp and vice versa. I even tried to reverse the throttle setting of my joystic, but nothing changed.

Throttle at idle, still 150% and max rpm, see screenshot:

UPDATE:
After restarting MSFS, I just had an second trial. The heli now does not want to roll over to the left, it now only “hangs” a little to the left. Response to throttle and rudder are now again as I was used to as it was before SU 12.
The governor knob now was “on” and responded to clicking on it. The clutch, however, is still unresponsive.
On the ground, with the engine running and the throttle (of my joysitck) on idle, the purple needle is at zero, but the white on is 100%. Although the collectieve in the VC is dawn, its throttle “hangs” around 30%. When taking off, the purple needle rises, but the white one remains unchanged.

With enging running idle on the ground:

So, at this moment the Mini-500 is flyable for me. But I do hope, that a coming fix will solve the odd behaviours I noticed.

Similar things happening just after SU12 on Cowan MD500 …seems govern does not engage enymore as well as TOT, engine pars, rotor speed and engine %rpm all full end scale, red marks…

I think (hope) that in short all these modules will be updated to SU12…

Gotcha, thanks.

I got the Mini 500 by Got Friends. How can i adjust the altitude with the collective Stick via Xbox Controller?