[Released] NZMC & NZGT - Mount Cook Region, New Zealand | NZA Simulations

We are excited to announce NZA Simulations - NZMC, NZGT & NZTW Mount Cook Region for MSFS2020 will be released on the 25th of May 2022.
Available first from

15 Likes

So excited, I love this place in real life, and in the sim. Your other projects are superb, this one will be an instant buy for me :grinning:

1 Like

This looks awesome. Looking forward to reliving my recent IRL Tasman Glacier landing in the Porter.

1 Like

Looks brilliant, another day one purchase for me

1 Like

this looks AMAZING. i particularly like the chunky mess of the glacier terminus

1 Like

I’ve been fortunate enough to be part of the testing team for the Mount Cook testing team, and today the NDA was released so here are a selection of shots from this upcoming fantastic addon from NZA:

The team have knocked it out the park with this one, and created a perfect playground for ski equipped aircraft. The Pilatus Porter with retractable ski gear is a perfect platform for exploring the area, with @kcgb2’s ZK-MCT repaint for the Milviz PC-6 from flightsim.to complimenting the scenery wonderfully.

Look out for a comprehensive review of the scenery in next months PC Pilot magazine :wink:

8 Likes

looks absolutely fantastic. thanks for the photos

1 Like

NZA Simulations - NZMC - Mount Cook Region is now available from https://nzasimulations.com/product/nzmc-mount-cook/
Check out the 4K trailer here and stick around till the very end!

5 Likes

I haven’t flown NZ in about a month, but last time I did the OrbxX mesh was working fine (even after the updates broke almost all of the other meshes). So I was surprised to see this statement:

“As of Sim update 9 Hotfix 1 Orbx’s custom NZ mesh has stopped working due to Asobo
introducing a new terrain LOD system. Asobo has informed Orbx on how to address the
issue and once Orbx releases a patch Mount Cook will be compatible with the Orbx NZ
mesh.”

So the OrbX mesh no longer works? I was about to load up the sim but I’ll hold off until i figure this out

So beautiful!!! Will you also bring it to OrbX?

Yes will be coming to orbx in a few weeks.

2 Likes

y’all have outdone yourselves! Even the restrooms are modeled, and what a view from the toilet!

10/10

Congratulations on the release of Mount Cook Region. I had a lot of fun yesterday and this scenery instantly became my #1!

While I’m definitely looking forward to your NZCH and NZQN airports, after buying many airport DLC’s around the globe I feel a bit of “fatigue” (not with your airports, but overall when looking at the steady stream of “just another airport DLC” pouring into MSFS 2020 from a multitude of payware and freeware publishers).

However, I really like your “region approach” to not just release NZMC but a few airports/heliports, complemented by POI’s of an entire region, custom landscape objects, biome enhancements etc. This (for me) brings this beautiful region to life and captures the spirit I felt when doing a scenic flight there over 25 years ago.

I can only encourage you to pursue and maybe even broaden this approach in the future. I for instance would really love to see a similar “Fiordlands” pack. Why don’t you take e.g. Sergio del Rosso’s excellent NZMF freeware as base (potentially enhancing the current version), add NZMO as a second core and potentially NZGY (as a “bridge” to your NZQN airport) or NZMJ. Lot’s of potential POI’s, e.g., the huts of Milford Track, Deep Cove Hostel at Doubtful Sound, Te Anau and Manapouri, etc. Finally add (together with the guys from GAIST) even more cruise boats for the sounds and this could easily even top your Mount Cook experience!

And if you go on with Abel Tasman (Farewell Spit could use some love …), Tongariro/Lake Taupo, Bay of Islands, Mount Aspiring, etc. (but who am I - you guys know NZ way better…) you’ll easily be busy for the remaining software lifecycle of MSFS 2020 :slight_smile: .

Just my two NZ$-cents :slight_smile: And again: Thanks a ton for Mount Cook Region!

2 Likes

Is that toilet for the incredible hulk? I am tempted by the scenery.

Coming to Xbox Marketplace? Does look ridiculously good…

i show you some “feature” of the scenery when the weather condition change

7 Likes

This is the first time I’ve been absolutely blown away by an airport addon. The surrounding scenery is incredible. Worth every penny! Thank you for the experience NZA!

1 Like

Another excellent product from NZA Simulations. I needed to temporarily uninstall the Orbx NZ Mesh until the recent SU9 introduced issues are sorted but even so it looks fantastic with New Zealand flora, chimney smoke here and there and mountains huts to find.

1 Like

Hmm im having issues. Some of the elevation is off.

are you using OrbX NZ Mesh?