[Released on PC and Xbox] DC Designs Aérospatiale/BAC Concorde

Is anybody having issues with it crashing? It has happened towards the end of my flights. I suddenly get a black screen and it then shuts the application down.

Crashes in general are not due to any specific aircraft or scenery addon. Search the forum and you will see many reports but it’s always a different addon.

In truth the cause could be any number of things.

Hi guys,

Can anyone advise me what I might be doing wrong please? I’ve tried for over a week of evenings to get a successful ILS landing and failing every time. I tried most attempts at Heathrow, then decided to go to Edinburgh but no luck there either. I’ve resorted to trying very short flights, enough to approach with 15 miles as recommended to try solve the problem, but I’m still doing something wrong.

The screenshot shows what’s happening into Edinburgh, ILS 06 on 108.90. The first approach messed up so I looped back around for a second go, pressing RAD, GLIDE (or VORLOC), AP1/AP2 with FD on and AT1 on. For whatever reason the AP is rolling the aircraft hard to the left, despite me having lined things up for it.

I’m really struggling, I’ve read almost all 2000+ posts and I’ve tried following the checklist for the takeoff and approach parts but I’m still missing something. Any help appreciated.

Try the following. When you put the switch on rad, before pressing VORLOC, GLIDE or LAND, press the INS button. The INS button on rad should follow the manual course set by the knob (since INS is in reality NAV). If it does it means that the gps is deactivated. Once done proceed to VORLOC, GLIDE or LAND. You should be able to capture either the Localizer or the Glideslope if you are at the correct altitude.

The underlying problem in MSFS is that sometimes the GPS does not turn off despite being in RAD when it is under a flight plan, which is why we sometimes insist that you move the radins switch several times.

Another option is to not set the switch to rad manually. If you press VORLOC it should automatically move to RAD, but only under flightplan

2 Likes

Thanks, I was unsuccessful unfortunately. On the first attempt at Edinburgh 24 this evening following the advice to press ins after switching to rad and then pressing Glide, the aircraft seemed to continue on the 24 heading but completely ignored the ILS even though I was below the diamond when I pressed Glide. I aborted, flew back and restarted the approach. This time after enabling the AP for landing , the aircraft rolled hard right and unfortunately I couldn’t save it. Back to watching more YouTube I think to see what it might be that I’m doing differently. :frowning:

if you are on PC download this one:

1 Like

Thanks, results are inconclusive but do show promise with the hotfix.

I tried two flights, first into Edinburgh, and second into Heathrow.

Edinburgh spot on, worked perfectly. My first Concorde ILS AP landing.

Heathrow, it looked like it was ignoring the ILS here. Flicked the RAD/INS switch a couple of times and at that point it locked on. Progress!

Is there any way in software to automate the correct RAD/INS behaviour so to remove the chance element around needing to toggle that switch?

Thanks for your help, it felt good to finally land Concorde using the autopilot.

1 Like

The trick is that if you’re under a flight plan don’t switch to rad, let vorloc, glide or land do it automatically. In a free flight, fly in rad.

3 Likes

Not sure if anyone may be able to assist me, but I am having huge issues on take off at the moment. Only when I start from cold/dark though.

I follow the complete checklist and double check everything including trim and fuel weights. Everything is fine until the moment I try to rotate the nose and actually take off from the runway. I hit the required speed 210-220 knots but no matter what I do the plane refuses to lift off the ground, I can confirm that I am in full control of the plane and not in any camera mode. I hit 250+ knots and the plane still refuses to take off resulting in me crashing into some houses which sends me up into the air and at that point it does give me control over pitch.

I have also experienced a slightly different version in where I am able to take off from the runway but as soon as I do the plane takes control away from me and violently banks to the right turning upside down and crashing into the runway.

I have been trying to get this to work for a few hours and no matter what I do the plane will not take off correctly.

I have also tried several runway starts where I am not loading in cold /dark and the plane takes of as intended.

I have also tried cold/dark starts where I just turn the plane and engines on using the quick start command and if I start the plane this way it does take off from the runway correctly.

This issue appears to be specifically related to cold/dark starts where the plane is set up manually.

I can confirm that I have followed the checklist exactly and also toggled the quick start command on and off to make sure I am copying all of the required inputs and not missing anything.

I honestly am not sure what is going on to cause this behavior. The only thing I have noticed is that if I am starting things manually the trim on the plane continues to increase/decrease automatically and ends up setting itself to -100. However, even after manually correcting this, I am still unable to take off.

It’s been a while since I have flown the Concorde but definitely didn’t have any issues like this before.

That is an occasional bug that can happen with any aircraft. It’s not specific to the Concorde.

I appreciate that may be the case but ive never had this with any other aircraft and i literally tried for about 4 hours, multiple restarts. Was just wondering if it was something I was doing wrong.

We just don’t know why it happens, unfortunately. It’s rare and affects all airplanes, Asobo’s included, but if we ever solve it we’ll be sure to update all our aircraft to fix it.

Thanks Dean. Is the bug also related to the plane being pinned to the runway and not able to lift off? After some more testing from a cold start. If I start cold and go through the manual procedures the plane has issues taking off, but I can trick the game into resolving the issue by auto quick starting shortcut and then turning the engines off again using the shortcut. After that, if i try to start the plane again using the manual procedures it will take off correctly. Its almost like there is a physics issue with the flight model when loading in cold but once the auto start shortcut has been used to start the plane it resolves the issue.

I always do a cold and dark start for every plane. I’ve only had this bug happen once.

Will give it another try in a few hours. Hopefully a fresh restart may sort it. Thanks for the replies.

Possible workaround hint which might be worth ruling out: [Released on PC and Xbox] DC Designs Aérospatiale/BAC Concorde - #2133 by KinkedoNau1

Thanks, I did actually test the fuel briefly as i noticed that when loading in cold and dark the fuel is different to loading in on the runway so i made sure to set it up as it is when loading in on the runway but I dont think it resolved the issue but will try it again.

Just curious but did you verify that you have Modern Flight Model set?

I think so but will double check. I think I must have as if i load in dark but then use auto start that resolves the issue. Then if I turn everything off via the shortcut key and set up everything manually it still works. Its almost like something isnt being triggered at first load and using auto start resets or enables something. I am not saying that is what is actually happening, but I have a similar issue with the f18 at the moment where loading in cold disables the nav light switches and the only way to re enable them is to use the light toggle command i have mapped. It just felt like a similar issue to me from the brief testing I did but that was before I was aware of this being a bug. Will do some more testing when I get home.

Just wanted to mention that I managed to resolve the issues with the plane sticking to the runway and/or banking violently when taking off. I dont think it was a bug in my case, it seems i just needed to adjust a couple of things on set up.

Does anyone know of any good tutorials on inputting an ILS flight plan manually into the FMC? I have managed to do it a few times but its slightly confusing as the gps waypoint route it sets up shown on the nav map is different to the gps route/direction on the compass heading which my plane ends up following. Also had a weird thing after setting up a flight plan manually as I chose to depart from runway 09L which I designated in the FMC from EGLL but the tower kept telling me to use runway 27 and would not let me change it.

Im sure it is no doubt something i did wrong but i also had a slight issue when flying to JFK in that I hit 50,000ft engaged cruise but It would not let me any where near mach 2 without the overspeed warning going off and when i checked my airspeed it was showing something like 630. First time I think I have had that be an issue as normally my airspeed is much lower than that.

As always, thank you very much to anyone replying for your input/advice.