[Released on PC and Xbox] DC Designs Aérospatiale/BAC Concorde

Any plans on improving the textures like in the F15/F14?

Yes, certainly, planned for the next update, better PBR, panel line work, weathering on the exterior. Interior won’t change much this time around, but will in the future.

8 Likes

Just a little note that I discovered today that PC Pilot magazine awarded Concorde a Classic Product Award. This is the third time one of my products has won the award, was a nice surprise. Thanks to everybody here who has posted bugs, refinements, made requests and generally helped Concorde improve along the way. A new update will be released before the end of the year with further improvements :slight_smile:

16 Likes

With this update after SU10, and WASM stuff working on XBOX does that mean we can look forward to getting the traditional INS?

Congratulations, It was well deserved.

Maybe one day you can still add that feature of shooting a flare gun out the open cockpit window at Mach 2(Airport ‘79) :joy:

4 Likes

If SU10 supports it, yes. CodenameJack is already looking in to it, and I’m working with Just Flight’s team on a plan also, as they want a working INS for many of their airplanes also.

3 Likes

I choose to believe this is in response to requesting flare guns out open windows at Mach 2 while inverted during a dog fight. I think you’ll win another few awards with that feature :flight_departure:

4 Likes

That’s how I interpreted it too :grin:

On another note, I will soon be taking my first Concorde flight in the SU10 beta. Just a short one to see what falls off :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well the short flight (128nm) in SU10 beta in Concorde went OK, with no obvious showstoppers like we had with no fuel transfer ability and reheats killing engines in SU9 beta, so all good there.

I’m currently doing an EGLL to KJFK flight to try a longer haul. The only notable issue I’ve had so far is on cruise climb passing through 46000ft I was getting what I think was the overspeed/overtemp warning sound, despite being under M2.04 and 11C under the 127C total temp max. If I slowed down to M1.96 the audio warning went away.

It could have been the IAS triggering it, but it is impossible to tell as at this speed and height the airspeed indicator was pegged at maximum deflection.

Anyway, I know SU10 beta is experimental territory when it comes to Concorde but I just wanted you all to know the good news that there are currently no showstoppers that I have encountered yet like we had with the SU9 beta.

Edit: I can now do M2.00 a little higher at FL516 and be just under the 127C max without the alarm going off. Airspeed indicator is still pegged.

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the info and taking the time to check that out! Looks like the first alarm may have been IAS as you were quite low for Mach 2 - not certain of that though. Barber pole will be added with the next update, making overspeed much easier to monitor.

1 Like

I also took the plunge for the beta of SU10 and flying Concorde up to around 57000ft so far with ILS landings and fuel transfer. No problems yet!

4 Likes

Yes,you’re missing the fact that you’re using V10 Beta and the Concorde isn’t updated for V10 yet.

1 Like

Sounds like we will have to update Concorde for SU10 as well then - I’d had reports it was working fine in the beta but that doesn’t sound like the case now.

Concorde worked well for me with SU10 beta 1 (IAS and ALT acquire certainly worked fine) but I haven’t yet tried it with beta 2. It is late evening where I am now, so I’ll do a test flight tomorrow morning and report back here on my results.

2 Likes

there is one thing that I have been testing during the beta and that is that the initial fuel system works perfectly regarding flow rate, which is good news. As soon as I have time I will review the AP problems that you are reporting.

1 Like

Just did a quick test flight of Concorde in SU10 beta 2 (1.27.11.0) and can report that IAS and ALT acquire are both working as expected and consistent with how they work in SU9.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know, appreciate it :slight_smile:

Did you read the manual or just assume it worked like other planes? It doesn’t work like other planes.

1 Like

Follow the Interactive Checklist procedure, that’s written for you to ensure Concorde is flown the correct way.

I have never noticed this problem