[Released on PC and Xbox] DC Designs Aérospatiale/BAC Concorde

On the topic of speeds, altitudes and warnings - here is a chart from BA showing the flight envelope limitations in 1980:

I also have a chart related to climb performance but I need to find it, so many years passed… Someone might find it useful.

1 Like

I am having similar problems. On one airport I get auto land and ils performed great but on all other airports I do not capture the ils. When do you flick the switch ? and when to go for land/glide ?

This has been explained and shown in videos countless times above in this thread. Please search.

As suggested search back through the thread a little. If you’re on PC there is a hotfix in one of the recent-ish messages that helped me.

very helpful

Updating this thread with information based on the latest news from Asobo / MS on Sim Update 10. As most of you probably know, there is no WASM update as they had planned, so Concorde will still not have its INS. The coding is not ready yet anyway but they’re now promising it for SU11, so we will wait and see.

With that in mind, Concorde’s update will now follow the release of SU10 and sorts out any final fuel issues as well as improved AP reliability and other refinements. I’ll be adding barber poles so it’s easier to stay within correct airspeeds, and some other minor internal modeling finishes. Hopefully, passengers will be there for console users this time around as well.

Further news when I have it. No firm date for the update, but it’s slated to begin work within a couple of weeks :+1:

ETA: We are no longer allowed to provide support of any kind on this forum thread.

25 Likes

someone has settings for GSX Pro for the concorde ?

1 Like

Where do we go for support now if not this thread anymore?

You can find DC Designs on Facebook. We update projects there weekly. I may also launch a Discord but I’m wary of spreading myself too thinly so for now it’s FB only.

Thanks.

Discord would be great, so much easier to find information there on a properly setup channel than on something like Facebook, since it can be broken up into various topic discussions.

3 Likes

I know how to turn off the ‘passengers’ the button on the engineers panel.

But the co-pilot next to you (during first person view in the cockpit) how do you turn that feature off?

Same way you do it with any other aircraft. Options page

1 Like

Open the fuel options from the upper toolbar and set 0 to the co-pilot’s weight. He’ll disappear.

Oh that’s a pity I don’t have FB, so no support for me and many others I guess…

I’m going to start a Discord soon, so you’ll have somewhere to go.

4 Likes

Support for Concorde can be found here now for those who are allergic to Facebook;

9 Likes

Cannot access discord. I have a strange problem with the Concorde. I plan a flight but somehow something always goes wrong along the path especially near approach. I mean just like going in a different direction or starts to increase altitude before glidescope. Am sure my settings are fine and don’t have any such problems flying the pmdg or fenix. Sometimes it lands but mostly it just flies away :slight_smile:

Did you remove discontinuities in the flight plan? Do you have an approach selected?

I don’t get disconrinuities with the Concorde and yes approach selected and ils data inputted accordingly.

That’s a strange way of answering so I’m going to follow up. Flight plans in the Concorde have just as much chance of having a discontinuity as in the FBW A320 or 737 or any plane.

When you say you “don’t get discontinuities”, do you mean that so far you have not seen any? Or that it never happens even when it should?

The first is good luck. The second is a problem.

Do you know what discontinuities look like in the Concorde FMC? You need to check for discontinuities whenever you fly.

1 Like