[Released on PC and Xbox] DC Designs Aérospatiale/BAC Concorde

No need to be sorry at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me to, but Dean wrote it’s the white needle showing the right CG, and not to worry about the digital display.
But now you seams to be on the same track, digital display is the one to rely on.

Love the plane, to sad it’s not working well in the Beta, but I’m sure you/Asobo will fix it when the Beta ends.

Given that the difference is only 1%, I wouldn’t worry about it too much :slight_smile:

1 Like

I retried the approach and this time I switched to RAD and enabled GLIDE but didn’t use LOC. This was suggested above and that worked, no freestyle manoeuvres were performed by the AP.

2 Likes

it’s easy… just a full home cockpit… 737 or a320 for example!

Gents how are you saving and resuming flights with this aircraft . Loses flightplan so far every attempt . Sorry allocating 6 hours of my day too long need to be able save and resume. Without simbrief integration . Would mean a complete re-enter of the flightplan every time . I know this is a known problem with stock Asobo but ever other third party aircraft use simbrief. Or a save company route .
Appreciate your hard work and would really like to learn concorde but need a way of reliably saving and resuming. Hope I missed it in the manual.
Great work anyway Deano.

A question for the developers: does the engine rating switch actually change something? Is it simulated? Thanks for your response!

I don’t have a good answer for that one myself as I’ve never tried it in MSFS - hopefully somebody else here will chime in for you.

@PanterAndi6106 Not at this time, but coding will likely be added in a future update for that purpose so that it has a true function.

1 Like

Messing with this on Xbox, I’ve run into a few issues. First, the auto throttle is way too eager to use afterburners when it’s not supposed to. I’ve tried using the reheat switches aft of the throttle quadrant to disable this, but they don’t appear to do anything.

Second, the autopilot pitch and auto throttle speed datum adjustment toggles can’t actually change the pitch and speed. The switches work, but the bugged values reset to where they were after a few seconds.

Third, the autopilot overrides the auto throttle. For example, setting IAS hold on the autothrottle works, and selecting IAS hold for the autopilot works, but IAS hold for the autopilot disables IAS hold for the autothrottle. Overall, autopilot and autothrottle don’t play well together.

Finally, with autothrottle off, this airplane flies fantastically. I’ve been waiting for this ever since it was announced, and am not disappointed.

1 Like

Many , including yourself and Jack have been helpful to me with my novice questions. Sometimes reading the manual helps but not always, ha ha.
Enjoying this aircraft immensely, thanks

2 Likes

Many of these issues have been addressed already in this thread. I suggest you do a bit of searching. Some of them are out of the control of the developers. Others have a workaround.

2 Likes

Thank you for your quick response. I was just asking as I am thinking of buying the Concorde and I have seen a lot of videos on YouTube where the people playing are going through buttons upon buttons before takeoff. I am just wondering how much of it is actually doing something. I am totally aware though that this is not meant to be a fully simulated Concorde model and I myself like to play the simulator on the modern simulation setting.

Most of the buttons on Concorde’s Interactive Checklist are required for the correct operation of Concorde, with a small number being procedural for the real airplane but not yet functional on this rendition of it. However, over time, more and more of the little systems will be added so it’s worth learning the procedures.

Fuel transfer for CoG balance is something that can affect longer flights if not done correctly - some users are running out of fuel while trans-Atlantic, others seeing the engines shut down as they forget to balance the fuel into the feeder tanks. There is plenty to keep you occupied, but not so much that it becomes a chore, is probably the best way to describe it.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the response! Already bought the Concorde and am currently at Heathrow setting everything up! Sounds are amazing, especially when another Concorde is taking off! Been looking forward to this plane since I first played the MSFS 2020! Great to hear that many of the switches actually do something. It’s not that I understand all the details about it but it’s really important for the immersion!

1 Like

Lol, this happened to me yesterday on the final leg of a 1000 nm, 6 airports spread out subsonic touch and go run. I started out with 52 tonnes of fuel, thinking that should be plenty for that distance, and put 10 tonnes of that spread between tanks 9 and 11 for CofG management.

I was on descent to the final airport when suddenly all 4 engines spooled down. I frantically switched to the flight engineers panel to find tanks 1 thru 4 all empty but 9 and 10 still had that 10 tonnes between them. No time to RTFM so I just turned on the all pumps on 9 and 10 and opened the standby inlet valves for 1 thru 4 and fuel started flowing into them.

Luckily, Concorde is a slippery snake on descent, so I was able to get a couple of engines restarted before I got close to stalling. One final challenge was that I had left AT on, so when the first engine had restarted, engine 1, it went to full throttle with reheat, giving me a sudden, massive yaw to the right which I corrected by kicking off AT.

I landed without further incident but still gave my flight engineer (me!) a good rake over the coals for letting fuel get so low that we lost all four engines at once when it could have been avoided entirely. Nonetheless, it was fun trying, and ultimately successfully, dealing with this self-imposed inflight emergency on this magnificent aircraft! :grin:

6 Likes

Well done for recovering Concorde from a very sticky situation, sounds like you’ve got things well in hand! Subsonic range in Concorde is actually much less than supersonic, and all those touch n goes might well have burned through your fuel far quicker than you might expect due to the climb outs after each one. It’s not something I’ve tried before though.

1 Like

just wonders, as SU9 is coming near, are there any bug fixing on the beta version so hopefully the concorde don’t need to be grounded for safety reasons?

1 Like

I don’t know, we prefer to not test the beta and wait for the final version to be released and make the appropriate corrections. Making corrections on something that is so changeable and whose changes may not be included in the final version is a waste of time and a dizzy feeling towards the developer and the end user. We do not have direct communication with them and therefore only they know what they are going to change or not (and why…).

4 Likes

Given my recent experience flying Concorde on the latest SU9 beta, which is likely to be the release version, this how I will feel on SU9 release day:

2 Likes

I am wondering how I can fly the Concorde without the auto throttle on. I would like to have full control over the reheats. Is it possible to activate the autopilot, give it a heading and an altitude but leave the auto throttle off?