[Released] Wing42 Boeing 247D

Other devs should take a page out of your book. You are smart. If you priced this at 49 bucks, I would pass. At 20, I will buy… even if its not really my cup of tea (I am sure I will be surprised). Well done, looks very nice.

I am not going to comment on the texture posts. I am not going to comment on the texture posts. I am not…

Good lord. Y’all seriously thrive on finding things to gripe about. Here’s something to have fun with until it ships. Merry Christmas!

8 Likes

Does this have any kind of Gyro Pilot or somethig like that ?

Not a fan of the prop disc being used here. Very flat and unrealistic :joy:

1 Like

It’s FS community. They need to whine about everything unless they get a level-D simulation with textures the resolution of billion x billion px, the 3D model with more polygons than there are stars in the universe, able to run in 420 FPS on a 1960s IBM, all this for $5 or better for free, and even then they will complain of the startup procedure beign too difficult

7 Likes

The absolute STATE of this toilet paper texturing! You will not be seeing a single penny from me until this is rectified! Simply outrageous!

Summary

Extreme sarcasm disclaimer.

10 Likes

Yes it does. 247D was actually the first commercial airliner to have one. It’s the same flavor as in DC-3 - attitude and direction gyros in the center, adjustment by dials. Trying to make these things do a proper enroute turn is much more difficult than disconnecting, doing the turn by hand and reengaging so they’re useful mostly for checking your map or changing music playlist w/o pausing the sim. Still better than the Ju-52’s half baked magnetic compass drifting 30 degrees when you level out*

*that’s not whine, it worked like this in the 1930s IRL. They had to make do with this, yet they managed to create the beginnings of real airline transportation, and more so - went to war with this. Talk 'bout balls.

3 Likes

I did not expect it to look this good honestly, this will be a day 1 purchase from me.

2 Likes

I mean, it’s a texture staring you right in the face. I didn’t have to find it :stuck_out_tongue: You cherry picked in your reply as well. I also said “Some textures seem amazing while others are an eyesore. Hopefully it’ll see a bit of polish before release but either way, this is an instant buy from me and their pricepoint.” As you can see, I’m just pointing out a low-res texture that’s impossible to not see, but I in no way am going to hold that one texture against the developer, and very much intend to buy it even if it’s not fixed. It’s okay to not agree, but no need to turn against one another over something so subjective :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sounds good to me.
I like those old Gyro Pilots, however quirky they are.
I hope they put it in the addon plane.

Live right now:

(engine sound bug is being worked on :crazy_face:)

5 Likes

Will the 247D have Heading & Altitude Hold?
TG

2 Likes

No. We opted for the more prevalent variant without a gyropilot. It’s hand-flying all the way! The good news is that she’s a joy to operate - she is very stable in the air and will be easy to trim (it’s being reworked right now).

6 Likes

Are we going to be able to simulate turning the 247 over to the co-pilot using the AI pilot in MSFS 2020 so we can relax and enjoy the exterior view of the aircraft set against the beautiful scenery in MSFS 2020?

In other words, how does she fly under AI pilot control?

I don’t think any developer has any control over the foibles of the MSFS AI.

Live right now:

1 Like

I expect to have a video of the 247D in action sometime later today on my channel. I will post when it’s out. You guys are gonna love this.

8 Likes

I haven’t used it a lot, but it works with the T6, Ju52, Fokker F.VIIb/3m, and the Staggerwing, so hopefully it will work with the 247! I don’t relish flying long routes of 3+ hours by hand.

2 Likes

Hope you can show some engine fire footage. :slight_smile:

I am gonna see if I can trigger that - I haven’t seen that yet myself. :wink:

1 Like