Remove "Good Day"

When you switch to a new controller, they should say “Ba weep granna weep ninny bong.”

1 Like

I took a discovery flight a couple of weeks ago and heard a KSNA tower controller and a pilot have the exaggerated “seeee yuhhh” exchange. The CFI said they like to mess around in the evenings. So it’s not unprecedented to hear it IRL too, I guess. I assumed, just like you, that this behavior was only seen online and was just people on VATSIM messing around.

Here’s the video:

1 Like

Oh, I know it’s not uncommon irl. You can hear it a lot on ATC videos.

Listen to just about any location with LiveATC. “Good day” is very common. Also talking fast like an auctioneer.

1 Like

It’s the way they say it. It’s almost like they aren’t certain if they really want you to have a good day or not.

I’ve changed it to a simple “bye”, I was thinking, what do we usually say in European airspace, usually it is good morning, afternoon, evening, in the local language if possible, since this is not an option “bye” is the second commonly used in real life I would say.

Should be changed to mmmKay. :grinning:

I’d like to hear the controllers greet you with, “Hey now!” after you’re handed off to them… whatdya think?

Happy Birthday Jerry! :slight_smile:

I always end with “good day” when flying IRL. :man_shrugging:

Way less annoying than “SEEYAH”, which was mildly amusing like 10 years ago…

@N316TS
I removed a few things, Good day was one of them.
I thought I might come up with something funny, but my dry humor gets old, fast.

I replaced “decimal” with “point” for frequencies.
I am experimenting with the ATC glitch. I want to know how far off ATC thinks I am so I modified the lines to:

“ATCCOM.AGNT_AC_VECTOR_EXPEDITE_CLIMB.0.text”: “{callsign_shortened}, you are {altitude_off} below, please expedite your climb {altitude_new}.”,
“ATCCOM.AGNT_AC_VECTOR_EXPEDITE_CLIMB.0.tts”: “{callsign_shortened}, you are {altitude_off} below, please expedite your climb {altitude_new}.”,
“ATCCOM.AGNT_AC_VECTOR_EXPEDITE_DESCENT.0.text”: “{callsign_shortened}, you are {altitude_off} above, please expedite your descent {altitude_new}.”,
“ATCCOM.AGNT_AC_VECTOR_EXPEDITE_DESCENT.0.tts”: “{callsign_shortened}, you are {altitude_off} above, please expedite your descent {altitude_new}.”,

I first heard sim ATC use “good day” while touring Atlantic Canada. I figured it was just a Bob and Doug McKenzie reference.

Exactly. It shouldn’t be GOOD DAY, pronounced properly, it should be G’Day … a truncated version of the phrase.

1 Like

Is there a way to have them never tell me or anyone to expedite? I swear I’ve never hear it anywhere on atc chatter.

The “Good Day” becomes especially comical after the Tower has told you to go around and contact Approach…

Sounds good! Just be careful that if the system encounters a {variable} that it’s not expecting, it may remove the line from speech entirely. So you may hear a blank line if it doesn’t have a value for that variable.

1 Like

I had edited my “Good day” to “Goodday” and in my opinion, it sounds more authentic.

(You can hear what it sounds like here, if interested:

)

American ATC, particularly GA traffic, sounds like something from the days when Citizens Band radio and the movie Convoy (Kris Kristofferson) was a thing.

The benefit of my change is it tells me how far off ATC thinks I am from my current altitude. I used to inch up until ATC stopped telling me to expedite. Now, I climb up to that offset and they stop. In another flight, I climbed to FL410 and didn’t hear a peep from ATC about altitude. When I am handed off to another controller, I am telling them I am at FL410 descending to FL390. But the next ATC does not tell me to expedite.

Here is the result from my text changes:

The issue with the ATC appears to be related to the barometer for the area as my altitude_off changed from 2000 down to 1700 then started going back up to 2000. It wasn’t a solid 2000 feet the entire flight.

@timinorlando You can change your altitude like I did or edit the line and remove context. The sim will trigger the response, and as said here, a blank line will be published.

The file:
\Official\OneStore\fs-base\en-US.locPak

For English for US.

Make a Copy to something like en-US.locPak.bak
If something goes wrong, delete the edited file and rename this backup to the original file name.

The file is a text file. Open it with a text editor then search for expedite.
Just replace the text between the quote marks at the end. Do not delete the whole line. Deleting the line may blow a gasket in the system and CTD?
“ATCCOM.AGNT_AC_VECTOR_EXPEDITE_CLIMB.0.text”: “ ”,
“ATCCOM.AGNT_AC_VECTOR_EXPEDITE_CLIMB.0.tts”: “ ”,
“ATCCOM.AGNT_AC_VECTOR_EXPEDITE_DESCENT.0.text”: “ ”,
“ATCCOM.AGNT_AC_VECTOR_EXPEDITE_DESCENT.0.tts”: “ ”,

I believe .tts is for spoken words and .text is for that displayed in ATC window. You can put any words in there, too. Like “Have a great day” or “I think it is lovely you are flying this high”, “The clouds are like soft pillows and the birds, well, you can’t hear the birds from up here” or any other corny thing you want to put there to get a laugh.

Remember, this file will be replaced when you get an updates for the sim.

1 Like

Thanks. I might try that. It’s a pity that we even have to do this. Sometimes, actually I think most times it’s off by about 1000ft.

I don’t speak from personal experience, but having watched a lot of flight videos, I can agree that it happens a lot. Not all controllers say it.

It’s just too often and too repetitive in the sim. It gets unrealistic rather quickly when every single controller you speak too says the exact same thing signing off.

1 Like