Remove Ls8-18 oversized unconventional flarm antenna

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Hi RL glider pilot here, I have never seen such huge, horizontal, ugly and obscuring view antenna (a slightly bent bare metal rod on top of the instrument panel encircled with red on attached picture below) in any glider.
All antenas I met were vertical, rather thinner and shorter, if possible placed as to not obscure view
A friend (login @FliegerPapa) asked DG-aviation directly what it is and got answer:
“the “rod” is not part of the LS8-18 type certificate and is believed to be a (Flarm?) antenna fitted by the owner of the LS8-18.”
Another RL pilot when he saw it asked: what is this glider owner afraid? - Colliding with ISS?
My suspiction is that it is used to track and follow better skilled pilots.
This “field modification” is highly unconventional, ugly, obscures view and some student-pilots may incorrectly try to use it as a horizon reference - please remove it, we don’t need it (or if you must keep it at least make it’s visibility toggable, like yoke, but invisible by default).
If you must have antenna put a classic tiny vertical, black small antenna in non obscuring view place like most gliders have.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

comparision with real and nice looking Ls-8 neo RL cockpit:

obraz

taken from video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgF5bpwpA3g

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just start any flight with LS8-18 and look at this monstrosity

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

does not apply

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU11

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Ha! and I thought it was some kind of home made visual aid for when following the tow plane :rofl:

Nice video. As an aside I notice what I first thought was a wind vane on the big screen is actually a north pointing compass arrow. Unfortunately it doesn’t work in the sim, maybe we should demand a fix?

Hurray! Issue has ben fixed in SU12BETA - “bull horns” antenna has been replaced with much less noticable and more conventional one! Thank you very much!

On the side note in 12BETA or AAU1 introduced some constant flickering (as different textures at exactly same spot) on some in cabin stickers/labels, but it is a thing to be filed in another bug report.