Remove original A32NX (Marketplace version) from the Content Manager

Remove the A32NX completely from the Content Manager as it is no longer available from the Market Place.

-It can still be still be downloaded but will cause CTD if installed.
-It seems to cause CTD and/or hang the process if selected to download, as reported by some users.
-Very easy to be forgotten about when selecting download/update all.

To be clear:
This is only about the original FBW A32NX that was available from the Market Place in 2021 and will only be in the Content Manager if it was purchased(free) during that time.
FBW made the decision not to continue with this version. See Here.

Additional: Here and Also Here

I’m afraid this would have to be done on the “account” level. Since the marketplace content are similar to DRM. Meaning the only way for them to be removed is to stop the access rights from all accounts. So they have to open every single account in their database and delete all A32NX content from them.

I’m amazed that you have 401 installed and just the A32NX not installed. Lol, I’m the other way around. I only have around 20 or so packages installed, the remaining hundreds are kept out. Hahah.

1 Like

I’ve voted. I also find it really annoying that this item persists in the content manager even though it was pulled long ago from the marketplace and has caused crashes if installed post SU5.

1 Like

This could use some more love. I would think it would be any easy fix!

1 Like

I have one aircraft showing in the Content Manager that is not wanted, it causes problems if installed, it’s a marketplace version of a freeware aircraft, the FBW 320. When it’s installed you cannot see the aircraft.
With it uninstalled the FBW A32NX appears as normal but the marketplace version remains in the Content Manager.
I’d like to see a way of deleting items in the content manager that are not installed

You could always try Zendesk. There’s a refund process that can remove ownership of paid addons, but I don’t know if they’d do that on a free addon.

I can get this removed from your account if you wish - let me know and I’ll take care of it! And yes, if you did submit a Zendesk ticket they can also get it removed for you as well.

1 Like

I know this is not a fix but if you do want the A32NX removed from your account, Direct Message me your gamertag and I will create a list for our Support team to get the item revoked so it doesn’t show up in your Content Manager.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Individual account deletions! Crazy stuff! Surely MSFS can address this issue better than that - where there is a will, there is a way! Anything got from the Marketplace that is no longer wanted and is deleted from the Sim should be easily able to be removed from the Content Manager by players (better still, automatically done!). Use technology to do it, not as an excuse not to be able to do it. Cheers.

2 Likes

Sorry but this is unacceptable!

You are merging a topic about the general (!) wish to can remove any items (the A32NX was just an example in the topic) with an specific topic (this) wish to remove an old version of an third party (!) aircraft!

The original post was about this:

I’d like to see a way of deleting items in the content manager that are not installed.

I voted for this unspecific wish to have the general possibility and not for the possibility to remove the A32NX-whatever.

With your merging you are faking the votes!

And no, i don’t want to contact you or anybody else to remove a item from the content manager. Its my content, not yours.

This was a consensual move with the OP of the other topic as we clarified their ask - please create a new wishlist item for the more generic topic. You can remove your vote easily above. Thank you.

My offer to remove the content is a courtesy to help anyone who don’t like seeing it in their Content Manager until the original ask is implemented in the sim.

And where is this original ask?
Right… merged with other topics about a specific plane.

I meant the original ask of this topic.

To me there is a mixture of information that doesn’t match my experience and timeline. I downloaded my FBW A320 originally via a link on flightsim.to and this was to include the FBW installer. Later there was an update and that appeared to come from the marketplace. There has never been a ctd in my experience, all it did was not show the A320 itself and that issue was cleared when the marketplace version was uninstalled and deleted it from the official folder. I just just wish I could completely remove it from the content manage, as mentioned elsewhere I did remove it but after a msfs update it came back again.
As far as the A320 being available from the marketplace in 2021 I wouldn’t know as I didn’t have MSFS in 2021.

I personally only have 4 extra aircraft installed.

Hey Jane, apologies if my post above sounded personal. It was not meant to be. I was having a shot at the system. I think your work for MSFS is great. Cheers.

This is a weird behaviour, though. Because as soon as you “uninstall” the FBW aircraft from the content manager, it gets saved to your online profile that you have uninstalled it. So no matter what future MSFS update is delivered, they won’t get reinstalled unless you specific install it again.

It’s more likely that the update you’re referring to is like World Update that is an optional pack in the Marketplace/Content Manager. Then when you simply select all uninstalled content in the content manager, it may have been inadvertently get picked up and reinstalled.

But if you individually tick the contents that you want to install and avoiding the FBW, then there’s really no reason for it to get reinstalled back in.

Just like everyone else, I also have the FBW that I got from the marketplace still sitting there in my content manager, but I manually pick and choose which contents I install anyway, so the various world updates or sim updates that MSFS releases or even when I regularly reinstall windows and fresh reinstall MSFS. I never, not once have the FBW get reinstalled on its own without my knowing. And I keep the current FBW aircraft updated via their installer.

Just like like in my initial post about this topic. It would be nice to have the A32NX marketplace version to be permanently removed from the content manager, but even if it’s not, it’s just a mild inconvenience to have it there and just ignore it.