Remove pushback from GA airports and better worker density settings

thanks so much for that image. I had found the folder that you are in for my 172sp_classic, but it actually has no aircraft.cfg file. There is nothing listed between the ai.cfg and aircraft.loc.

no cfg files for deluxe aircraft I guess:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aircraft-cfg-file/182688/3

bummer

Aww nuts. Thanks for letting us know. Don’t know why they’ve changed the installation setup of the deluxe planes…

Every time I start a flight at GA parking a ground worker is there ready to give my Cessna a pushback

Probably should be tied to aircraft type

I’ve pushed a Cessna many times. Not with a tug but there are times it needs to be moved away by hand from a fuel pump or pushed back from an object. I get your point though. Perhaps no crew nearby until triggered. I don’t like running these guys/gals over but they never complain.

2 Likes

If the airplane has an aircraft.cfg, you can remove the push back tug by setting
SMALL_PUSHBACK = 0

1 Like

Do you know if this also disable the marshall on arrival? That fella is a good adition since the ramps are all wrong numbered according to aerodrome charts

I’ve chosen ramps up against buildings or foliage which required a pushback. Running them over never helped also…:wink:

I wish we could get out of the aircraft to push it or look around to determine where to be pushed. I hate using external camera and prefer to keep first person experience

1 Like

I think there is a separate setting for the marshall.

Yeah I wish they would impliment some aircraft awareness for the ground crew. They commonly just walk through my aircraft haha

3 Likes

In any case, [shift] p acts as a toggle to :

1. initiate a push back when needed and no ground service available
  2. Stop a push back when the guy is sending you right into the nearest plane or structure…

Get Little NAV map and open it first to look at the Airports before starting FS. Awesome freeware but I made a dontation. Plus you can use in flight to get Those Nav and Com Freq and more. Even Weather.

Scooter

1 Like

Also would like to know if there is a workaround for this for the 172 Classic.

The main problem I’m having is that the pushback gets triggered by the AI co-pilot when letting it run comms if I’m starting at a towered airport…

This requires me to pull up the ATC window, wait for the dialogue to finish, then request an end to pushback as fast as possible. This doesn’t always happen before the tug gets to me, especially if it’s a busy airport, though if I leave the parking break on it doesn’t move very fast. :wink:

If the tug existed but didn’t trigger by itself I wouldn’t care.

1 Like

These facilities are AIRPORT facilities…not applicable to an aircraft type at all. IMHO ground services should be configurable with an “airport option” checkbox and an aircraft.cfg file should have nothing to do with it.

They are indeed applicable to the aircraft type. You don’t connect a jetway to a 172 and you don’t use a small pushback tug on an A320. The sim needs to know which facilities to provide depending on the type of aircraft.

2 Likes

The problem is that you can’t even edit the aircraft.cfg for the premium planes as it’s encrypted.

OK…I accept that pushback (and marshalling) are applicable to aircraft type. The real issue is indeed that on some aircraft (Baron, SR22 etc) the config file cannot be edited because of encryption, and to MSOBO (who can edit this file) it does not appear to be a high eneugh priority, as yet anyway. I fly the Baron almost exclusively and that d**n pushback trolley has always been an annoying nuisance. There is a work around thankfully, by starting every flight at a fuelling point. If it had not been for this I would have dumped this sim months ago. There is progress on these “gamer gimmicks” however…the seriously irritating “logbook popup” can…at last…be switched off…hurrah !

While that edit to the .cfg file is a clever one we should not have to do all this to disable the irritating pushback tugs which totally ruin immersion. Those of us nerdy types wont find it an issue tweaking text files but others who aren’t cant do anything about it.

Sometimes the guy on the tug passes through the airplane.

MiSobo - please give us a menu switch to disable them all. Make it like that other sim (coughcough) where you have to call for Ground Services and only then they will come.