Remove white spinning circle in flight

Pretty easy to falsify that post. I’ve seen the spinning circle since SU8, therefore it has not been removed. For me the white “loading” circle (in quotes because AFIK nobody actually knows what it is supposed to represent) has never been anything more than an immersion-breaking annoyance. I’ve never experienced stutters or any noticeable performance degradation while the circle is visible, so as far as I’m concerned, there is no reason to display it. It does not provide any useful information to the user.

It’s an ANIMATED circle and motion draws attention. And I tell you yet again: it is obtrusive because it annoys me. I don’t care that you don’t care. But I DO care!

2 Likes

Everyone, please be civil toward each other.

Those that don’t want this spinning circle, up vote the topic.

Those that want it as is, don’t vote and stay out of the wishlist topic.

3 Likes

It’s weird but for me as I for one have personally harangued to the point I have done a zendesk ticket 3x since Day 1. On that thread I linked others are also experiencing what you are, but one other, Bobsk8 also discovered it no longer displays for him since SU8 as well as myself. Be nice to know why.

And its unnecessary. It’s intrusive and its “feedback” is useless. Ask yourself two questions: “What is it telling you?” (you answered that) and, “What can you do with that information?” Since there is literally NOTHING you can do with that information, do you REALLY need to know it?

5 Likes

Like I said …it’s like a faucet that tells you every couple of seconds that the water is running when the water is running.

“Well thanks … I can see that the water is running, because the water is running. STOP TELLING ME!!!” :wink:

3 Likes

Any info on this? Would be nice to hide it.

Cheers

I dont know I started to get it with the su8 beta, with su8 and then su 9 beta, but since the launch of su 9 yesterday its pretty much gone away here. Alot of other strange things going on, but the white circle appears to be gone ;p

I’m getting it, just reinstalled

Hi! I am SUPER happy, because I found a solution to the annoying white spinner and associated stutters. All I basically did was to go to DEV mode. The simulator became absolutely smooth after that; no white spinner either.

• bob

Also, I cleaned up my NVIDIA driver using this wonderful tipster’s suggestion:

Make sure you also take a look at the associated video that he put out, to do with settings:

1 Like

MSFS Steam ver.?

i’m on the road right now and can’t check, but it’s the windows 11 with the most current version of Steam.

I had been struggling with Settings for about a year trying to figure out how to deal with all of the stutters. Then, in a moment, it was all fixed when I switched into DEV mode.

Weird, huh?

This is actually been a blessing, because the display that is shown in the upper right has really helped me to tweak things with the memory and the CPU. It’s kind of like a dance, where there is the CPU limitation and then the main thread limitation.
I like to keep it right on the cusp where the CPU limited and main thread limited are right about at the same place.

My simulator is running smoothly, even in ultra mode. It ranges from about 60 frames per second down to about 31 or 32 frames per second.

Since the main thread runs on the CPU, it is often what causes everybody’s CPU limitation. Perhaps you meant GPU.

The ‘Dev Mode’ trick has been mentioned earlier in this thread. The trouble with using this go around is that it doesnt write a ‘good’ log book entry for the flight.

I had this going on earlier with 8 and beta 9, but since the patch su9 it seems to pretty much cleared itself up. On a rare occasion I will see it while in flight.

Yeah, I think I meant “GPU”. In the DEV performance display, the “G” looks like a “C”.

1 Like

The font they used is hard for me to read as well.

“totally unobtrusive”

Maybe you and I are playing completely different games then? The circle is not the issue, but the massive stuttering that goes with it and that it is constantly triggered in the most crucial phases of flight during takeoff and landing… It can make planes like the GBs totally uncontrolable and crashing after some hours of flight because of some “oh we gotta shove some data to X-box live” is making me wanna quite the game. For people who like hands-on planes and landings… it is the single most biggest fun killer.

less the circle itself, the control loss due to stutters in cruical flight phases. And as it does not happen the same during landing challenges, it is clear that it is not related to the environment or the landing…

And its triggering appears to be bugged… I had phases where it was on non-stop and only logging out and in again to X-box live made it better, but that errased all my logged flight time for some reason.

So pls don´t ■■■■■■■■ people with “its not an issue”… it is a major issue for many of us.
Just take a look on how it dead-on appears in the most inopportune moments like right before and after touchdown.
it is absolute cancer in planes which require control inputs in these exact moments like Gee Bees

2 Likes

You probably don’t have the problem on your computer. And I’m happy for you.
But many of us are affected by takeoff and landing stutters that coincide with the appearance of the rotating white circle.
This appeared with SU8 (at least in my case), and can only be avoided by toggling developer mode on and off on every flight.

I never had it until beta 8, then 8 released and it went away, then 9 released and now its back…

the Spinning white circle IS DRVING ME NUTS

it is really the single most anoying thing taking all the fun away from my kind of flying… it is seemingly just bugged X-box-live data collecting and it is blindly set to be triggered at points that are kind of used to define meta flightdata like “wheels on ground” “wheels off ground”… and certain altitudes, especially near airfields… off course, that is the most inopportune moment for lag. AND WAY WAY TOO OFTEN!!

What data supports this? Well… if you turn on Dev mode and don´t have flight data logged, you have no white circle… very simple, but also very stupid, that you always have to fly in dev mode for low level fun.

Why do I say it is bugged? Well… try the maverick low flying challenges… for me, if I fly once they are circle less…but if I fly the same in multiple attempts in a row (regardless if from menu or esc->refly) they are laggy as fuuu constantly with constant white circleing.

3 Likes