Render scaling?

Can somebody explain what this slider in graphic settings does, what it is?
I know that maxing this slider affects enourmously to frame rate, so don’t want to top it too much, about 100 is enough for me.
I have been tester of this sim, but this slider is a mystery to me.

-eelis-

1 Like

Let’s say you run the sim at 3840x2160. Setting the render scale to 70(%) means the game actually only gets rendered at a framebuffer resolution of 2688x1512 and then upscaled to 3840x2160.

That way you can have the sim running at native resolution but still get a performance boost from rendering the 3D content at a lower resolution.

3 Likes

What it basically does is upscaling the resolution which results in image clarity and definition. Like Supersampling. Set it to the lowest value and it‘s pretty self explanatory.

1 Like

You say setting it to 70% for example, but the scale is 0 to 200, so is it not percentage?

-eelis-

It is indeed a percentage. 100 means you are rendering and displaying at your set resolution. Any value higher than 100 means you are rendering it at higher resolution than set and then downscaling to your display’s resolution. Opposite for lower.

You can set it higher than 100 to get crisper image quality - although the difference is pretty minimal considering the amount of taxation on your GPU.

6 Likes

Thank you for your answers, I think I understand it now. :thinking:

-eelis-