Reno Air Race Expansion - Zero fuel bug

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
N
Brief description of the issue:

Reno Air Race Expansion - Zero fuel bug.

Occasionally (say once every 5 to 8 races) I have zero fuel for the Reno air races.

It is zero at the qualifying. I am able to complete the qualifying, but then at the start of the race I run out of fuel…

Occurs with the T-6 and P51 Unlimited so far.

This is hurting my stats for the racing, which is the whole point of competitive racing and this is demoralizing. I now check my fuel at the start of qualifying, and withdrawal from the race at the beginning of qualifying but it still penalizes me :frowning:

I have just recently reinstalled completely due to my existing continuing issue (You have been switched to offline mode - https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/you-have-been-switched-to-offline-mode/465398?u=tworivers8rlc), reinstall completed just prior to SU7, and I’ve purchased the full Reno Expansion Pack. I have received no help with my post in Bugs & Issues, or to my raised ticket for that issue.

I have exactly the same problem
the fuel goes out me in every race with the P51 in the first lap
edit :
I was able to fix my problem was with the controller now use the Logitech x52 for the race and have no more problems
with the Honeycomb Bravo does not work for me.
what do you use for a controller ?

and now also occurred on the Aviat Pitts Special S1S.

I use LOGITECH X56 HOTAS. I don’t have any bindings to fuel, never have.

It occurs completely at random, most races are ok. Nothing changed in the settings or on my X56 which I use all the time. I’ve tried setting fuel to unlimited within main settings, no effect.

I also use an Xbox controller. Mainly for changing views and drone cam, but I don’t touch it during racing.

I am also now not 100% that is affecting my stats, I believe not, not sure. But I think that when I start qualifying, and there is zero fuel and I withdraw immediately, it just takes me back to the menu. I will continue to monitor. If withdrawing straight away in qualifying doesn’t hurt my stats, I can live with that :slight_smile:

I will do some testing with my x56 though, loading different profiles…

I also have no mixture adjustment or anything else programmed on the Honeycomb Bravo when I have time I try once to create another profile maybe I find the error.
It seems to me like it’s a mixture error and the engine is slowly dying until it stops completely.
I can’t even get the engine of the P51 to start with the Honeycomb Bravo in free flight, it dies immediately with the x 52 no problem.

Yes, I’ve just had that same issue with the P51 (in racing), but only one time. It does have fuel, but when the race starts it loses power and dies a slow death (no mixture binded on my X56). This is definitely a different issue to zero fuel though.

And, I did have my mixture set on my X56 when racing, to an axis. When I raced I had my mixture set to full.

So, I created a new X56 Profile Reno single engine, and removed the mixture axis. And I’m still having random zero fuel. Again most races are OK.

Thank you Stratus903D, for your suggestion and information.

Since creating a new X56 Reno single engine Profile, removing the mixture axis. This zero fuel bug has not occurred since that first time :slight_smile:

1 Like

that’s probably because when you cut the mixture, you kill the engine and there is no way to restart it. Also when escaping to access option, when you get back in the plane, the engine cuts off. Make sure any controller set to mixture is not set to minimum when you race.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.