Reno Air Races activity indicates Update available, but all updates installed

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Brief description of the issue:

Reno Air Races activity indicates Update available, but all updates installed. Clicking on this activity takes me to the Content Manager where all updates are shown as installed

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Windows 10 PC

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

su8

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

MSFS DVD version

After SU8 I installed the Reno races package update but when I go to select the Reno package from the activities, it always tells me that there is an update available. I tried to completely uninstall the package and reinstall it but nothing has changed

Did you go to the MS Store and check in your library to see if there is an update available?

Right now I found an Xbox Companion update and a small update in Windows update. I had already checked before but there was nothing. Let’s see if these two updates fix the problem.

Oh yes! Made the two updates mentioned in the previous post, I launched MSFS and found an update to the P-51 Strega. Very strange because I spent most of the evening finding a solution … Anyway, now the Reno air races package works. Thanks for support

Everything works but in the marketplace several components of the Reno air races package are missing … The complete package is missing, the packages of the various classes are missing and they send different versions of the P-51 including the versions Strega, Voodoo, Miss America … If from aircraft selection screen of the race I select to buy (for example) the P-51 Voodoo, once in the marketplace it does not give me the opportunity to buy it and instead of the price the written error appears

Hello.

Reno Air Races in Activities Tab is displaying “Update Available”. When I go to Content Manager all items are listed as “Up To Date.” I have uninstalled and reinstalled Reno to no avail.

Any ideas?

Hi everyone! As there have been a few similar topics, they have been merged into this to keep the discussion together. This topic uses the new reporting template so is the master. This causes some lost consistency with date order.

checked and no updates available

In the Microsoft store library, MSFS Deluxe Edition status is ‘Install from Xbox app’. In Xbox app, it shows as available for ‘Play’ but there is no indication of an update available there. (I no longer own an Xbox but there is history associated with my old games and console)

Yeah, that Install from Xbox app is on mine as well, but I never had to do that.

I would try resetting the MS Store, the Xbox app as well as Gaming services and then logging back into them and trying the sim.

it is not about updating from Microsoft store but from Windows update, also look at the optional updates if there is any update concerning the operating system.

once the update is installed, you will find another update in the content manager, in my case it was the P-51 Strega.
Once this is done you can access Reno Air Races

what procedure would you recommend for ‘resetting’ these apps? Uninstalling/reinstalling?

If you go to Apps and Features (right click on the Window’s start button), find each app in there.
When you click on the app, select “advanced options”, and in there find “Reset”

Installed all of the optional updates, including Alienware firmware update for PC. No new updates listed in Content Manager.

In Microsoft Store, installed an update for OneNote and another game.

No change to Reno Air Races in activities:

1 Like

Have you purchased individual planes from the “Reno” package?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling “Reno”

I solved my issue.

I bought two additional reno air race aircraft that were not part of the basic package. For whatever reason these aircraft had outstanding updates that did not appear in the content manager. I went into the marketplace, selected the aircraft that said owned and the update appeared in content manager.

Thank you everyone for your responses.

2 Likes

I have the Reno Expansion pack and I had previously purchased one individual airplane. I did uninstall/reinstall the Reno package. No change.

I am not interested in giving MS any more money until they stop breaking things, and preventing me from using what I have already purchased! I have loaded and flown the one individual T-6 that I had previously purchased, with no change in Content Manager updates.

Try going to the market place and find the add-on Reno T6 plane you purchased. It should say owned. Click on it and see if there is an update.

For some reason the two extra aircraft I purchased did not show an update in content manager unless I went to them in marketplace and selected them.

If that does not work try deleting the plane, reboot the sim and launch Reno and see if it works. Then reinstall the T6.

2 Likes