Reno Air Races: Expansion Pack $19,99 - Cockpits and more

Dear Asobo,

What kind of cockpit lay-outs are available in the $19,99 Reno Air Races: Expansion Pack? In the marketplace there is only one photo (of the P-51 I think). Is it possible to provide these pictures in the marketplace or here? I’m very interested, however I want to see each airplane’s cockpit before I buy the whole package or perhaps some individual aircraft only.
Or if some of you simmers already bought the expansion, can you provide some screenshots in this topic for reference to all simmers? Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

2 Likes

Have my upvote! I hope for the same thing, since I want to know exactly which Mustang to buy (ideally one with retrofitted autopilot for long range cruising).

4 Likes

Buying individual planes is really expensive, when you consider the $$'s / Plane.

The TOTAL package is therefore a “Deal” if Reno Racing is what interests you.

AS for the Reno planes being planes you can fly elsewhere – yes you can, and they look “SWEET”, but their cockpit functionality (like most Asobo Stock Planes) is “limited”, and being encrypted, there is little option for Modding.

Its really a case of “what you see, is all you get”

Hi N6722C,

Thanks for your reply. I’m only interested in a L39 and a T-6 or P-51, so two planes. If they have the desired cockpit lay out of my preference I could buy this package instead of two seperate aircraft. This is then more value for money, however there is almost no reference of cockpit lay outs / photos of the $19,99 expansion pack… That’s why I am asking this …

I have the expansion pack a steal at the price, works out to £4GBP a plane (for 4 planes). They are quite nice looking planes (have used 2 of them so far) cockpits look good to me, and the planes also have some extra liveries that come with them too. 40 planes I don’t need but 4 are a geat addition at £17GBP or thereabouts. I’ll try to grab some screenshots for you later. Very happy with the expansion purchase (to get the planes) option as I’m not into the Reno racing, flew around circuit once and just thought why?

2 Likes

I believe with basic edition, you just get one model of each plane type.
With the Premium FULL package, you get about 6 planes for each class, with both different Livery, different cockpits, and different performances, (when not racing)

There are maybe 5 or 6 different liveries in each of the 4 planes you get with the expansion pack.

Thanks BragRaindrop933,

Thats what I want to know! Please a photo / screenshot of each airplanes instrument panel! Thanks in advance! And very cool that every airplane has some liveries! But, as said before, I’m interested in the cockpit instruments of each individual plane in the 4 aircraft expansion pack.

1 Like

Just wondering, If we Do Not buy the expansion pack and run across players flying one of the racing planes, their planes will look like they are flying a C152 to us … Right ??

1 Like

Yes I understand. However do you know WHICH of the cockpit lay outs these aircraft have. I’m aware the Full Package has all different ones, but which configuration is in the 4 Aircraft Pack?

Good question …
You would have thought that MS would have done screen shots of each cockpit as part of Advertising sales ? – but i have totally given up trying to Second Guess, anything about MSFS

The 1st one to post a thread with a series of Screen shots of all the Reno Planes, will be most popular !!!

1 Like

That is what I want to know! :wink: You should know what you’re buying right?

Well true, but that’s another discussion :wink:

What makes you think that Anyone know what they are buying with MSFS.

It changes Monthly !! (for better or worse)

Yeah, I bought the whole thing. I’d share the cockpits, but I don’t have time to screenshot 40 planes. And they not only vary on layout, but equipment. A couple of the L-39s have autopilots, the others don’t. Some of them have a Garmin 430 it looks like, others have a nonfunctional GPS. I’m definitely going to settle on one or two favorite planes I think, and with the limited functionality, systems depth, and sealed canopies, I’m having a little bit of buyer’s remorse.

2 Likes

Here’s the P51-D Mustang. It comes with 8 liveries. Too many to post.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 19_11_2021 15_51_05
Microsoft Flight Simulator 19_11_2021 15_50_39

4 Likes

If you go into the pages for the individual planes to purchase them the cockpits are shown…

Here’s the Aero Vodochody L-39 Albatros. Comes in 8 liveries (mainly same pattern but different coloured).

4 Likes

No, for all the planes in the Full Package, the third photo in the Marketplace contains a cockpit screenshot. So I know how every cockpit looks like in the Full Package (individual airplane), but it’s not mentioned for the 4 Aircraft Pack!
(I’m interested in a basic six instrument lay out (or G1000s), so I can fly IFR (HSI with Glide Slope indication))

2 Likes

Many thanks BragRaindrop933!!!

1 Like

Here is the North American Aviation T6 Texan, (8 liveries).

3 Likes