RENO - Is it still 100% Arcade?

So yeah, during testing, it was full arcade.
I’m wondering if it’s still the same or if it has been tweaked since?

Also, do the planes behave differently in Free Flight?

My credit card is between your hands!
Thanks!

Yes. This is real Arcade game.

2 Likes

What about the planes themselves? If you just buy the Reno pack for the planes, do the planes fly realistically enough, compared to the planes in real life?

1 Like

Thank you, I just saved 60€. :beers: :money_with_wings:

4 Likes

What does “full arcade” mean? The release notes say that the planes are “normalized” for the race but I don’t think I mind that as everyone would just end up flying “the fast one” anyway.

What else makes it full arcade?

1 Like

IDK if this has anything to do with it, but i noticed that the Realism settings are by default set to full-Easy/assisted in SU7 and must all be switched to Hard manually again, even if you had different settings before the update.

1 Like

Noticed with all assitance settings off, the rudders work in time trial but not in quick match. Kinda bummed about this. On the one hand everyone is “equal” but zero skill is required to not skid through the turns.

Can I buy the handcrafted Reno Stead Airport without airplanes?

The bespoke airport in the normal flight mode is not decked out in RAR decor, it is in its daily operations state. The full RAR works at Stead is only for the competition arena airport i believe. If you just want Reno-Stead, you’re better off downloading the free version from flightsimto, since it’s currently the only version that offers the Air Race amenities outside of the competitive mode.

1 Like
  • The plane doesn’t go down when you yaw and stay at the same altitude.
  • The plane moves by increment and stabilizes itself when you pitch.

There might be more but that’s what I experienced when testing.

Check if your realism settings have been set to “easy.” As N69BRUH mentioned, SU7 set my realism settings to “easy” but it was always set to hard for me.

So any comments from real life pilots on how the Reno planes fly compared to real life planes?

1 Like

No it has nothing to do with your settings, Asobo did this on purpose (unfortunately). I didn’t buy it so it’s not related to SU7.

Doesnt matter what your settings are, RENO Air Races is an Aracade race expansion no sim involved, no idea if the planes are even realistic so cant speak about those

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.