Repaints. What Texture Format?

Hi all. Hoping you can help me out. I notice looking at the formats of textures that the aircraft say something like Fuselage.PNG. However, when you hold your mouse cursor, or look at the file type, it says DDS on the file type. I have been trying to get a simple edit of a texture of an add on aircraft to show up, the CriCri by ATSimulations. I can’t seem to get it. Shows up grey. Just a change of the Nnumber and removing of some text on a wing texture. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? I add it to the aircraft folder like before, saved what I believe is the appropriate file, yet does NOT show up at all, even after making the changes to the .cfg file. Any help appreciated from you repainting gurus out there.

Hi, you need to save it as Fuselage.PNG.DDS if it’s called that and you need to make it save is as a .DDS either by using ACES ImageTool or Nvidia Texture Tools Exporter.

Still shows up grey. I’m just about ready to give up, yet other people can do it. Does it go in the community folder or the aircraft folder when complete?

If you are trying to change the default texture then you can replace the original file but make sure to back it up first I am not sure for your plane but you can look at how I packed my A320 liveries for the community folder.