Repeated crash to the Windows desktop

As you can see, I am using English to communicate with you. However I can’t ask Windows to translate its error log for you, you see me sorry :slight_smile:

I see now! :slight_smile:

Have you seen this topic related to the VCRUNTIME140.dll? (warning, large topic!)
VCRUNTIME140.dll Error - Bugs & Issues / Performance, Graphics & CTDs - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

No problem. French is indeed my primary language.
I’m from Quebec :wink:

Sorry for the driver, I misread your post and thought you were using an AMD card.

I will have a look at the post @Hester40MT just posted to see if something in there could help you.

1 Like

You and @StopHalfling310 can take into private with French. :wink:

On that mega topic, almost better to start at the bottom and work up!

1 Like

No I had not seen it … from September 20, 2020 to March 10, 2021 there were only reported failures and not solution. This is not done to reassure me…

I just bought a Nvidia 3080 to play MFS 2020 in Ultra mode, since yesterday I received my new graphic card but I can’t play on MSF 2020 anymore ;-(

I made a summury e.g. here

Most issues with this is memory overcloacking with XMP mode, other hardware issues and in rare cases software conflict ( example MSI Afterburner ).

If I see your error reports, it points to driver issues, possible because you switched the cards , or it is possible the card itself which is issued… ( what PSU you own ? )

Ps: older issues are like the Text2Speach-Setting, but more rare CTDs.

I am having the same issue that seemed to start just today, I will check event log, if I can find it

1 Like

after installing new nvidia driver version ?

It looks to me like the latest MFS 2020 update went wrong for me. Before I had an Nvidia 1660 Super OC and it worked without problem in Ultra but at 17 FPS. Replaying yesterday I started having my first crashes, then I traded my card and the game became unplayable.

My hardware and software setup was 100% functional before this. On the other hand my RTX 3080 only gave me 28 FPS at first, then after uninstalling and reinstalling the game for the first time, I upgraded to 38 FPS.

The game seems to compromise the video driver … The video driver is up to date and fully functional in all my other games.

I have a power supply delivering 1000 Watts of power which is 80 Plus Platinum certified, no worries on this point.

YES. I Installed that driver.

It is not related to the pilot, yesterday there was another one and it was not working either.

thank you, I will go there.

Please inform me how to post the event log…Thanks

Hi Phil, I can locate the event viewer easily enough, I just don’t know what to do with the info or how to send it to someone who does

It doesn’t matter, if you can’t do it.

Have you tried doing a completely fresh Nvidia driver install by removing it completly and not just doing the update.

do you overclock your CPU?

if so, try to disable the oc (reset bios settings to default)

i got the ctd issue after the simupdate3. apparently it doesn’t like an oc-ed cpu.

(fyi other games are fine with my oc cpu)

I’m getting CTD’s now every time after latest update. 40 min flying max, and it crashes. I have nothing in community folder. I’m so turned off setting up any full flight because I now anticipate it will CTD. Pathetic actually.
(i7 10700k, 3080, 32g, no OC)

2 Likes

I’ve been having the same problem since the last update. Before then, it was working fine. Then all of a sudden I’m getting all sorts of erratic behavior:

1. MSFS was loading, then stalling for minutes at something like 360k memory usage. Then it would miraculously go to the opening screen, take forever on that, then if I was lucky would go to the update screens and maybe I’d get a main menu. This seemed to be fixed by upgrading the nVidia graphics driver. Go figure.

2. Before that was as bad an issue, I had repeated crashes about 40 minutes in. This happened multiple times between Dallas and KMCI, as well as on the West Coast at one point. Still happening.

3. Now I have an issue where MSFS will load within an appropriate time frame and get to the update screen. At about 75% progress bar it promptly crashes to desktop.

4. The CTD when starting a second flight is a bug that has been around through at least one update now.

The errors in the application log are next to worthless. The crashes appear to be in seemingly random modules, either FlightSimulator.exe itself, random DLLs (nvwgf2umx_cfg.dl, d3d11.dll, and some desktop core DLL). Asobo’s response was the usual form letter saying disable all community mods, disable overclocking, turn off antivirus, run as administrator, and the usual nonsense. None of it works.

The only thing left to do is wipe it and completely reinstall it. Ordinarily I’d have a difficult time believing that the program can’t verify its own files, but given what I’ve seen with this rollout nothing surprises me anymore. We have nonfunctional planes, no ability to load and save flight plans in the Garmin, basic aerodynamic oversights, a community mod system produced by Asobo which doesn’t perform sanity checking and allows the mods to crash the game with no indication of what went wrong, no error messages which are worth anything, and a default response from the developer to remove all community mods even though they’ve been complicit in them being promoted on the commercial secondary market.

Right now, what we’re getting from the developer is basically:

Customer: Your program is crashing with no indication as to why.
Asobo: Turn it off and turn it back on again. Update graphics drivers. Reinstall the entire thing. Uh, reinstall the entire OS.

I’m about ready to go back to X-Plane which, while maybe not pretty, actually works.

3 Likes