Repeated CTD's 1.18.14.0 & 1.18.15.0

No CTD. No BSOD. Just a massive hang when moving the mouse around the cockpit. Everything froze. Keyboard and mouse dead. Tried to alt+F4 out of MSFS. Doesn’t work. Tried CTRL+ALT+DEL. Doesn’t work. Powered down. Worked, sort off. After a cooling off period, started the computer but had only a black screen and the disk access light was solid red. After about 10 minutes, I restarted the computer using the power button. Windows displayed a message stating that Windows has been damaged. Windows automatically started recovery. Windows restarted after a few minutes. Said that the registry was damaged and had to be rebuilt. Fortunately, this problem has not reoccurred.

I’m on Windows 11. I think there’s an issue with Windows 11 and the new update. That is: I start the game and get told there’s a mandatory update. It closes and loads the Store. But no update is shown for any of the flight sim items. So I cannot seem to get the update.

I get this ocasionly and just when you are about to give up and hard close the game it comes back to life!
Sometimes it takes 2-3 minutes before it starts running again

Well I guess that’s not the case then.
Let’s hope MS and Asobo will fix this soon.

I am having same problem since the major 40GB update. 75% to 90% of the time it CTD or Freezes. It was fine before update. And yes I have emptied my Community folder. One thing to check is your Virus Checker to make sure it is not affecting the sim. I now have BitDefender which is OK, my last AVG was a swine for closing down apps.

Same here, sometime the game ctd after 30 seconds in the world map. Other times seems to work properly but sooner or later the problem appear again.

The Hotfix had no visible effect.

When in flight and going back to “main menu” the sim crashes 9 of 10 times……

Even after the hot fix this is still an issue.

Same here…

Got this strange CTD`s all the time using aircrfts with the new Garmin G1000 NXI download for free on marketplace. Deleted this AddOn and then it works fine with me.

I get CTD without even pressing a button. I load the sim and press nothing, and it still crashes in the menu

Then report this to zendesk. My prob is with all aircraft using Garmin G1000 NXI going CTD`s

Guys don’t be fooled by the foolish notion that your hardware is bad. If you were flying around before with no CTD’s, then it’s the update’s 5 problem. It is truly sad and pathetic that we have to be dealing with CTD’s in this day and age. These guys over at MSFS2020 are totally immature. I mean, CTD’s?-really? come on man fix this now or lose clientele. This is unforgiveable. It’s not our hardware its that pathetic update you just released. Everything was fine before then. Now I can’t even start a flight without a CTD. And if that wasn’t enough, many of our addons are not even working because of this. My LatinVFR sceneries don’t even have gates and FBW A320X is gone! come on man enough of this already.

4 Likes

This is one of the CTDs I’m experiencing. Everything was fine before they decided to release this sorry excuse of an update. they just made it worse!

…I, too, was in the random CTD boat, until:

I deleted my manual and rolling caches, and am now not CTD’ing every 5-mins.

Oh, and for a crate to take up that seems pretty great right now? FlyingIron’s Spit is feeling very special right now… :slight_smile:

I’m not quite as bad off as you, but I am experiencing regular crashes when loading the game or loading a flight. When it does run, there is a noticeable improvement to the smoothness, but like you, I am also disappointed that it is not taking advantage of all the resources available on my machine. I get it that not everyone has the same level of PC, but I kind of figure that this is the whole point of having “Ultra”. Still enjoying it, but Multicore optimization and ray tracing can’t come soon enough for me.

Motherboard: MSI TRX40 PRO WiFi
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 3.8GHz 24 Core 280W
Ram: 4x Samsung DDR4-2666 32GB (128GB)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB Founders Edition
Drive: Seagate Firecuda 520 Gen4 2TB M.2 SSD

Also, yes, I always empty the community folder before updates, etc., etc.

I’m on a holy quest hunting user post that could help me with my CTD but to no avail.

Some simmers manage to eliminate this CTD’s (kudos to them and happy flying) I read and follow the fix they do like disable AI Traffic, Live Traffic (I CTD at Welcome screen so I can’t do this steps). I search again and I found a few players updated their Microsoft .NET Core Runtime and Microsoft Visual C++ ( I did this and still CTD).

I have 1200++ in-game hours and this is a slap to my face.

My windows is up-to-date:

Both my Community folder in USER folder and Game install folder is empty:
User folder:

Game directory:

oh and I live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Maybe the patch I downloaded from steam server is corrupted? Maybe Asobo need to check with steam? I don’t know.

My system:
ROG-STRIX-RTX2080S-O8G-GAMING (stock)
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (WI-FI)
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz (stock) water cool
VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 64 GB (8 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 4000MHz C19 Memory Kit — Black
Windows 10 version 21H1
Sim install and runs on Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 500GB (dedicated)

Due to my line of work and to release my my pressure and tension in my line of work. I will took off to the virtual sky going to places I never have been before (although there’s nothing amazing on that place unless Asobo have done a world map update hehe) but nonetheless watching world below from above give me satisfaction. I love visiting those places where ancient civilization once thriving.

Now I can’t anymore and every hours drive me insane.

Asobo pls help to fix this issue ASAP. This is my support ticket with Zendesk #113596

I have a few tips to try, but obviously no guarantee:

• Check the folder LocalState → Packages and see if there’s community stuff in there, then delete those
  • In LocalState delete content.xml
  • Put your Power Profile on ‘Balanced’

It seems FSEconomy make the sim crash

FINALLY!!!

After trying every possible advice here, including reinstalling Net. frameworks, nothing helped.
I actually reinstalled the game 3 times (clean, including deleting every fs related folder in appdata) and again nothing helped and I was having the exact same CTDs every single time (in wolrd map and also when clicking Fly, so I couldn’t start a single flight since the update released).

Today I decided to try something new - My FS was always installed on external SSD (because of the needed space for all the addons). So i uninstalled again, deleted every fs related directory in appdata and installed the game on internal SSD. I don’t know how or why, but it worked, I finally could start a flight, didn’t get any CTD in the world map and actually completed 10 landing challenges without a single CTD.

But it wasn’t enough for me, cause I prefer the game to be installed on a dedicated external SSD (my internal SSD is 3TB, but I still prefer the game to be on its own external SSD for more future addons).

What I did was to delete the Steam library on the external SSD and reinstall it again (the steam library). After that, I copied the packages folder from the internal SSD (all the 120+gb, the packages are in “steam” folder inside “official” folder) to the external SSD, and uninstalled the game completely from the internal SSD (again - including deleting all the fs related folders in appdata (both local and roaming)).
Then I started the installation of the game on the external SSD, and when it had to download the whole 120+gb packages, I closed the installation window, moved the previously copied packages folder into the newly created fs folder on the external SSD (so I won’t have to download again the whole game) and restarted the game - AND IT WORKED! NO CTDs so far!

Since update 5, i.e. since I bought the game when it was released on Steam in August until before update 5 I have not had any problems.
Since update 5, there have been several crashes that obviously destroy my flight, I have significant performance losses when I turn the camera sideways and I also see that the objects or textures load later which causes them to appear sometimes out of nowhere.

Have I gained frames with udpate 5? Yes, but at the cost of losing lateral fluidity, stability and the desire to fly.

I don’t have anything external, I only have the intermediate version of mfs installed, all updated.

1 Like