Repeated CTD's 1.18.14.0 & 1.18.15.0

Yeah a lot of users are posting detailed error logs. I think I may leave fs for a few months and come back. Despite having spent a huge amount on 3rd party content via the marketplace.

Thanks for the warning, I was already thinking about reinstalling but it takes ages with their slow servers.

Same here, can’t even start a flight. Deleted the community folder to let the game create a new one, didn’t help a bit. All I can do is go to the profile or options screen. Getting CTD few seconds after going to the world map screen and same with trying to start any premade flight (challenges or introduction flights).

I know what you mean. Spent money on the deluxe version of the game, great 3rd party addons, played more than 600hrs and after every update it feels like it’s only getting worse. But now it’s totally a new level of ■■■■■■■■ on costumers’ heads.

3 Likes

Its is worth a lot. Even though this is not good news, it technically is good news. Perhaps this will get fixed quick since the beloved Xbox is affected.

1 Like

For me the problem seems to be ‘AI OFFLINE’.
Turn AI ‘OFF’ or ‘REAL-TIME ONLINE’ and no more CTD’s…
Happy days…hopefully…

1 Like

You are lucky to be able to change that. For me CTD happens few seconds after first menu screen.

1 Like

Nope. We all know about that bug, it was in the release notes. I have NEVER played with AI, always REAL-TIME. Still constant CTDs. I have raised a ticket with ZENDSEK, and I suggest everyone does. Flood the ■■■■ out of them to get them to wake up and smell the coffee!!

This update is a disgrace. I’ve never had any crashing issues before, however MU5 really completely destroyed my experience with issues everywhere… My community folder is clean, yet I can’t even stay on the simulator for 10 minutes as it randomly crashes to my desktop. They really put console players before us on PC by drastically lowering the graphics and accommodating everything to run on lower-end machines, instead of just coming up with a solution to benefit both parties.

3 Likes

Been having a bunch of CTD’s as well. I get them in flight at random moments, especially in VR. CPU and GPU temps are normal. I also got CTD’s every time a download of an add-on was complerted. Pretty annoying, and I hope a fix is coming soon.

1 Like

How can they not catch this during testing, if so many are affected. I guess something had to be finished, not good. How can one claim his money back ???

1 Like

And it’s not like the previous bugs that might be harder to catch during testing. This time it’s even impossible to start a single flight. for ■■■■■ sake, a CTD seconds after getting into the world map screen? How the ■■■■ is it even possible to miss it?!

1 Like

Anyone tried older nvidia drivers like 457.30 to see whether that helps? I read somewhere that someones CTDs got worse after ipdating to the newest ones…

I thought I had the CTD fixed when I updated everything in my Content Manager but no luck, CTDs are back with a vengence. Might have to try a full delete and reinstall.

Lolz…love this “game” - just changed audio setting (turning on the headphone option) and game crashes.

How can they post a sim update that makes it impossible for some players to even load in a flight

Ok, I solved CTD for me and a friend.
We both lowered the GPU mhz setting a little.
4 hours trip completed.
My 6900xt and his 2080ti were not in OC but in automatic and probably this make something unstable.
I put balanced on radeon panel and now it works like a charm :slight_smile:

No, and I’m not gonna even do that. People are getting desperate and trying to find solutions outside the game itself.
Nvidia’s driver has nothing to do with the game CTD few second after getting into the world map screen or any other CTD that has nothing to do with graphics. ■■■■, I just left the game idle in the main screen and it crashed after a few mins.

2 Likes

For all SU…SU5 is most unstable and to me…nonsense…i have 70% CTDs inflight within day 1 after SU5…how could they pushed out an update that is so problematic!! Smooth? Sure. Better fps? Certaintly…but cant finish even short flight…what the use…nv trust asobo now everytime they boast about hw fantastic the update is or will be…btw i have zero addon in my community folder…compared to other SU before.

I certainly think it is the GPU overload after SU5…i used to get inflight CTD each time i increased rendering above 120 in the past and saw my GPU usage hit the roof…followed by increasing no. Of random CTDs… reducimg the rendering will decrease the GPU usage and the CTDs went away…so not sure it is a gd idea to move more load to GPU in this update as i read all the time.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001123df0
Faulting process id: 0x1afc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d783b1888e1c7d
Faulting application path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: bc6f8512-d915-4795-82ef-5387a6dc58ec
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: