Repeated CTD's 1.18.14.0 & 1.18.15.0

Depending on your mainboard it will have a different names so it’s best to consult the manual

I read in some topic, that turning virtualization off can lead to massive performance drops.
I would check, that it is on…, or just would switch the setting for testing purposes.

And I read the opposite and mine is much better switched off

i7 8th gen, 1060, 16gb ram 2tb ssd and 500gb hdd

How do I check the virtualization is off or on?

The virtualization in the manual is enabled from the factory

Ok, my system has nearly no similarities to yours.
MB: Asus ROG B550-E Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 5900X
RAM: 32GB (2x16GB)
GPU: GTX 980 Ti

This might be a steam issue.

1 Like

Mine is an Acer notebook, RTX 2060, 16 ram, i7 9th gen.

So not that similar either.

Usually in bios e.g. on my MSI amd system it’s called SVT but yours will be different which is why you should consult the MB’s manual

1 Like

I just disabled my Virtualization and tested MSFS - no change

It’s not a guaranteed fix but it has been known to cause slowdowns

1 Like

Yes, Steam seems to be the common denominator here.

1 Like

Is it possible to download through Microsoft store without spending 2 days of downloading all the files? And see if that helps? Can you transfer the files or locate them when downloading through ms store?

What is your internet speed?

460mbps internet speed

Can you use the steam buy in the MS store? Or do you re-buy it?

I have no idea

I think, you would need to rebuy or try the X-box pass, where MSFS is included for testing.
Check other threads before doing something like this, as this may give problems on the same machine.

Lol in theory that should really only take an hour at most for the whole sim but of course there’s a lot of possible bottlenecks along the way and I doubt the sim is hosted on fast enough peer to peer servers anyway. I have the recommended 50mbps and it’s pretty solid especially in the dead of night.

1 Like

Too expensive for testing purposes :wink: But I think the MS store version also just downloads the base simulator files (~1GB), the existing (large) packages on your hard disk can be selected and used.