Repeated CTD's 1.18.14.0 & 1.18.15.0

LOL, Right!

If that’s a response to my post, I’ll say it again, five weeks not being able to use the product we paid for and all the other products we paid for that need the sim to work, with no guarantee it will be fixed on the 7th of September considering their track record is unacceptable, so yes, there SHOULD be compensation for this nonsense, wether that be a free plane, or 75% off a product of your choice on the market place, we should get something.

Not saying that’s likely, but it should happen. We ain’t testers, we are paying customers and like many I’ve put a fair amount of money into this sim and it been disappointing to say the least, but this length of time being unusable is not on.

1 Like

Agreed – I spent upwards of £100 on this, and this is absolutely the first time I’ve ever bought a piece of software and later had it broken by an update without any ability to roll it back to a working state. If WU6 is delayed any further I’ll be seeking a refund and going back to the Game Pass version.

(Do not respond with the usual snake-oil, it’s nothing but a gaslighting ritual at this point)

2 Likes

@Alister9744 I’ve tried the refund route… they denied bc of too many hours of gameplay already played. If you have less than 2hrs if okay they can offer a refund.

Depending on jurisdiction, it might be worth going down the “fitness for purpose” route - although the idea of “it worked fine when I bought it and then the seller effectively came to my house and broke it” is in itself somewhat unprecedented

1 Like

All this CTD is happening because Asobo ran the sim with the SU5 on a basic PC. That is all that I can think off otherwise me, you and few thousands fellow simmers wouldn’t have to had this experience.

I hope Asobo learn from this lesson and will not repeat it again in their next World Update 6.

update:
Guys, one more thing. I notice that when I’m trying to isolate this CTD issues. I only use propeller aircraft.

So just now, when I switch over to commercial aircraft. A320, B787 and B747 (the standard aircraft came with Premium) the crashing came back. 5 times now but every crash seems to progress me further into the game. After switching, I plot a course, click fly now and crash. Second time, plot course, click fly, on terminal, start APU, setting MCDU and crash. 3rd time, do all of the above, taxi to runaway and crash. 4th time, do all of the above takeoff, press autopillot and crash. 5th time, do all the above, disable autopilot take control do a bit of a manual manuevre and crash. Is there something in the background that blocking MSFS2020 from working correctly?

I won’t go to Zendesk cause they will give me the standard troubleshooting template. LOL

Hope if someone experienceing similar like this after disable/remove all the overclock app, overlay but still experiencing the same issue and know a workaround do tell. Right now I’m switching back to propeller aircraft and no CTD.

Update:
After experiencing more than 20 CTD’s while using the A320, B787 and 747, I switch back to propeller airplane and no more CTD. So freaking weird considering that my Windows 10 now running standard.

Thanks guys.

Support ends at an i7-9800X and an RTX2080 and 50Mbps, if your setup is too fast or too powerful for the sim (and it can happen) then don’t blame Asobo.

Ever considered that those aircraft (or the systems they use) might need an update?

Hi
CTD on every Fly since 1.18.15.0
On World Map
on every Fly,
CTD.

I have I9-9900 and Nvidia
I tried to reinstall
go back to the nvidia driver
recreate the cache
delete bing data
nothing works

is anyone having a similar problem ?

I post a Zendesk ticket, any response.
I can’t use fs2020 at all

Best Regards

1 Like

Yes, same situation. I also submitted a Zendesk ticket about a week ago, with no response. I am hoping Asobo are aware of and working on the issue for a near-future update.

Just be sure to follow their list of recommendations and don’t be afraid to temporaily disable or even uninstall any mods, it’s very important for diagnosis that your system is clean of them.

Are the aircraft you are getting crashes modded? A32NX, Salty’s etc?

If so, check you are running the latest version of said mod.

@DensestSnail693 your replied doesn’t help at all. I’m furious right now and you put more fuel in the fire. I will ignore this post of yours.

3 Likes

Haven’t flown in two months either…

yep… still having these CTD’s and wondering what my $180 went towards.

Not sure if this is the cause, but here’s my observations on a limited number of successful flights.

When planning a flight, selecting an apron start point or a destination, the sim almost always crashes before getting into the plane.

If selecting an airport for departure and clicking ‘fly now’ without any further planning, I have managed to fly.

Although I could be wildly wrong, based on my observations I suspect there’s an issue with flight preparation that causes the system to crash.

I crash in CTD every fly
Even in training mod.
I reinstall all fs2020 premium, delete and recreate rolling cache, disable bing data
CTD CTD CTD …
i am very disappointed that microsoft and asobo made this game
Any response of zendesk ticket
After a year asobo has turned this game into a disaster
PapaPilote

“Support ends…” ??? No end-of-support for anything has been published.

Updates for SU5 are available for the aircraft mentioned. There may be incompatible liveries that have been causing problems since SU5.

1 Like

The obligated support ceiling, is that really too hard to understand? ideal spec RTX 2080 etc. etc. … And how the hell am I supposed to know if he updated his aircraft yet alone changed their liveries, perhaps you as a psychic would like to tell me if he did or not?

My feedback if it can be useful: I had multiple CTD after update 5 (and hotfixes). I had to manually update Nvidia drivers to the latest (Control Panel was not detecting them). Now it works fine.

Cheers

1 Like

Obligated support ceiling? I really don’t understand how you came up with this? This mist be what you are thinking of: Recommended PC Specifications The ideal hardware spec that MS/Asobo has published is a RECOMMENDATION ONLY for users purchasing new systems or upgrading older ones. Same for the low-end or minimum spec. There is no mention of “support”. Has anyone received a response from Asobo stating that their system is too fast or too new?

Users that have add-on aircraft or liveries have to obtain updates from their developers or creators. Or they have to remove everything from their Community folder and reinstall items to test. Doesn’t take psychic abilities to do this. ZenDesk has a a number of helpful articles such as : CTD Issues. Also searching the forum topics here for a gold mine of information.

2 Likes