Repeated CTD's 1.18.14.0 & 1.18.15.0

flight simulator comes to my desktop.
every time I start it sooner or later it comes to the desktop

My personal experience. In the past, no CTD, no problems. Everythings was marvelous!. But since the 5update + hotfix , I’ve huge problems flying without CTD. In my case, I have a Ryzen 3600, 16Gb RAM BUT with a modest video card, NVIDIA GTX 1060 3Gb.

I have completely reinstalled the simulator. I have performed tests with from very low, to medium, etc. graphic settings. Testing WITHOUT third party addons. And I suspect that, in my case, the VRAM memory overflow, when I focus on graphics dense areas (cities), causes CTD.

:sleepy:

Same here. Everyone has the CTDs.

Sim is BROKEN. Again. :frowning:

1 Like

Same here CTDs still every flight, mainly caused by \Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll.

I would still find it quite useful if everyone with CTD problems could state the reason for the crash, according to the windows event log… Might help to circumscribe the reasons.

1 Like

I see the many votes and reactions on this thread, however, no bug logged…

Does this mean it’s the end of FS for many of us? Shall I check back no earlier than SU6?

2 Likes

Concerning CTDs it seems like we have to wait until SU6 indeed…

OK, my system has been pretty stable. I usually fly from EGPF in the C172. Using the WT G1000 NXI.

Just had 2 CTDs when flying EGSX to EGKK. First 5 minutes into flight, second when clicking FLY from the World Map.

Decided to go back to EGPF and setup to fly to EGNT. So far flawless and 40 minutes in.

Wondering if it’s my rolling cache? Never been to EGSX before, and that’s the only thing that’s different about tonight’s experiences.

Hopefully the fixes will actually work this time. It’s a shame I haven’t been able to start any flight since SU5 was released.

1 Like

My last CTD error on windows log was:

FlightSimulator.exe
CoherentGTJS.dll
60f7e2c2
c0000409
ab98
01d788bfb70764db
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\CoherentGTJS.dll
cca96b62-d3cb-45bc-9ee9-b7f0a35cc5d2
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

This is being addressed:

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Yes. I removed them first. Still got random crashes. Added back on because I need them and Im pretty sure it’s not the addons causing the crash

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
The sim crashes at random. Sometimes it crashes immediately when I spawn at the gate, sometimes it crashes when taking off, most of the time it crashes when im in cruise. I have never ever experienced crashes pre update.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Random crashes so not sure (see description).

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
RTX 2060
Ryzen 7 2700x
32GB 3200 RAM

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No

Additional info:
Everything was working without issues pre update. Now everything is going south. Since the update I haven’t really opened the sim, but I decided to open it up today and play a bit hoping it would be better. But here I am.

Also, I ran the sim with my community folder empty, with all third party modules uninstalled (community and content manager), and still saw the exact same behavior. Random crashes.

So they broke the game for more than 4000 users (reddit source of people who wrote about ctd) and they can’t play UNTIL SU6?
Asobo is kidding us, probably tomorrow they’ll release a fix or rollback to SU4

1 Like

I cannot comment of the performance issues or any of the parameters after Sim Update 5, as I cannot get past the FLY stage…where it does the CTD evry bloomin time.

So its a total HALT since 28th JULY…when I was thrilled to get the Sim Update loaded!!

I now have an issue (and reported via Zendesk yesterday) where my MSFS is a fresh install, no market place content installed, no community folder content installed.

About 3 out of 5 times I get a CTD when I start a second flight, i.e.

1. select plane, livery, airport and stand to start cold and dark
  2. start setting up for flight or just have a look with camera/views on plane and scenery…whatever
  3. ESC and back to main menu
  4. repeat step 1 with same or different plane, livery or airport.

On step 4 (after cancelling first flight as per step 4) I now end up with a CTD while the progress bar on the loading screen keeps advancing more often. This hardly ever happened to me prior to SU5 with heaps of community folder and market place content installed.

1 Like

CTD/Views and Group ONLY: This may or may not help some people. I have a mid range system. I have over 960 flight hours and recently with the CTD I have been doing some experimenting. I ALWAYS fly with Live weather and time. I always fly below 180 altitude. I have been avoiding CTDs by flying Group Only (that still gives me Live traffic) but reduces the amount of ATC activity. I always fly VFR AND I reduced (eliminated any views outside the cockpit), and guess what NO CTDs. I am NOT stating that this is a solution but it works for me. I have Rex Global Airport Textures in my Community folder.

I am currently experiencing a CTD at the start of every flight from the World Map. I don’t even get to the click to fly page. Most of my Community folders have been removed. I’m now thinking the new Market Place G1000 package may be at fault.

Uninstalling that will be my next attempt at a fix.

1 Like

Okay! That seemed to be the fix for me. Once I deleted the G1000 NXI, I was able to start a flight without a CTD.

Up to six today alone; decided to make a mark on a paper for each one. Running out of ink. Would not run more than 15 minutes without crashing. No matter where I started. No matter if I had a full flight plan in or just left from a runway with nothing entered in the FMS.

1 Like

Wow, if that’s really the issue, I’ll be amazed.

I haven’t been able to fly since they released SU5 (~ a week ago) FeelsBadMan

Happy flying, good luck, lemme know how it works out!

I’m also one who gets continues CTD. Mostly on short final Approach when I fly online on VATSIM. Here the last one, which I just Encouted.
FlightSimulator.exe
clr.dll
609c45bd
c0000005
0000000000669d70
526c
01d7895f108f919a
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
912abf30-d150-447c-a14a-43fb45140eda
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

Before the Update the FS was stable no CTD encounted but no, horrible 10 CTD today…

lg Rainer

2 Likes