Repetitive landing gear warning float plane

Another annoying bug brought on by the new update. I jumped into the Bora Bora discovery flight flying the Cessna 172 Float Plane. After I landed and took off from the water I was presented with a repetitive warning letting me know that my gear was up for water landing. I dropped the gear to see if that would change anything and then i got a repetitive warning letting me know my gear was down. I then went in and clicked the button to shut it up and that might have lasted for about 10 or 15 seconds before once again reminding me that my gear was indeed up for water landing over and over again. The video below will speak for itself, I never did get it to stop and so far it has happened everytime I fly this discovery flight. I have nothing in my community folders, latest version and build of Window and Flight Sim and i do have a ticket in on this but again they have not given me a number yet.

Confirmed.

1 Like

Oh man that had me laughing. Great comedic timing when the second voice comes in reminding you that the gear is up.

1 Like

Yes me too just distracting and ruin a beautiful music playinb :rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOL and that was just that 40 seconds or so, the freakinā€™ thing did it the whole time. It fooled me once because it did shut up for like 2 minutes and I was like YES! Alas though just after I said ā€œYES!ā€ it began to remind me yet again that my gear was indeed up for water landing. I thought I was going to lose my mind. It was like a ā– ā– ā– ā–  parrot saying "Polly Want a Cracker over and over again. :rofl:

Same hereā€¦ the co pilot went nuts lol

And a bad day to do it cuz I really was looking forward to flying that Cessna with floats and enjoying the new wakes X)

Needs a patch yesterday. ā€œLanding gear. Landing gear. Landing gear. Landing gear.ā€ More annoying than ā€œRPG!!!111ā€ in CoD4.

Agghh!! Just tried to do the Bora Bora discovery flight and ran into this issue.

Great visuals. Shame that I will hear ā€˜gears up for water landingā€™ in my sleep tonight.

The warning is there as getting the gear wrong on your float plane can wreck your aircraft. There are a couple of Youtube videos showing the results of getting it wrong on a float plane.

There is a new flashing orange button on both the C172 and X-Cub float planes to acknowledge the warning and silence it. On the X-Cub it is below the autopilot panel (and partially obscurred by the stick), on the Cessna it is to the right or the right hand display screen. The Icon A5 doesnā€™t have the warning.

You can also lower the gear in the water now and drive up onto the land, on the Cessna, X-Cub and Icon A5. Neat.

1 Like

yeah I realize that, but if you saw in my video the warning kept on even after I pressed the flashing orange button to shut it up. However after the hotfix I did get it to shut up when I pressed it so I assume that itā€™s fixed for now.

I canā€™t get the gear to go up or down, p0rogrammed the gear up/gear down on bravo but, no go

Was that in the water? I just use G and it works just fine.

Thanks for the response, will give it a go

thought it was just me

Press the flashing caution button near the gear switch to cancel the warning. Works that way for most warning indicators on any aircraft.

Give us the option to pull the fuse on it or just remove it. Incredibly annoying.

1 Like

Yes, this happen to me too.
I think it is my fault, doing something wrong with C172 amphibian plane.
The warning play continuously even after successful landing in runway.

Pressing master warning button can stopping this warning, but Iā€™m not acknowledged another next failure. :sweat_smile:

for statistical surveys. me too

I had the same problem however after Update 6 all is fixedā€¦Well done asoboā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

Were you able to fix this problem?
I have the same issue and am on latest version - 1.19.9, SU 5. Can you help?