Replace the end of flights window with a shortcut key

Please Asobo, can you reconsider your decision to display the end of flight window when we close the airplane’s avionics. Can you replace this with a keyboard key such as Esc.

12 Likes

I don’t know what an end of flight window is.

Please advise. Thanks…

I would even go with … ‘when we open the door’.

I am halfway through shut down, and up pops the end-of-flight.

I am really trying to use this as a procedures simulator.

6 Likes

Yes totally agree,

Not only is it an immersion killer to be thrown into the end of flight window during trying to correctly preform your shutdown procedures, it also I think if I’m not mistaken responsible for the logbook mess of 0-0 flights added between legitimate ones.

I’m ok without a specific button, but as long as it throws you to the end of flight screen at the correct time, then I suppose lol we get into when is that ? After fuel shut off, after main power shut off so maybe a button .

Definitely wants looking at
Ex Tenebris

3 Likes

How can I vote No on this?

By doing exactly what you are doing …do nothing

There need to be an option to not display this screen at all. It is ok for missions or landing challenges or whatever. But in free flight I want to stay in simulation mode.

3 Likes

Yes agreed
Ex Tenenbris

1 Like

Am also in favor of changing the end of a flight. Press the Esc key as present, it should be. And if you want, you can still look at the details of your flight in the logbook.

Hard agree! To end the session just because you are in the process of shutting down the aircraft is ridiculous. Maybe for a CTRL+E shutdown it would be fine but not when you are performing a manual shutdown.

There could be many reasons to shut down that don’t mean you are done with the session. At least allow us to disable it, then it can be left on for the Arcade Kiddies.

1 Like

There is a very popular topic for this:

2 Likes

Ok i agree. Bye

That doesn’t seem fair.

What is it that you object to, that makes you want to vote against it?

Having a distinct action (such as pressing a key) to end the current session? Really??

2 Likes

The logbook at the end of a flight. With the Continue button, restart or go to the main menu, we don’t need this dialog. When I shut down the a320neo’s engines, I don’t want the logbook on my face.

1 Like

free flight isn’t free when the sim decides you’re done mid shut-down. Give the power to the people. Let US decide when we’re done shutting down our airplane. MFSGA lol.
If MSFS simply corrected this and gave us fly-by view in one update they’d get a pass for weeks on the rest of the bug sheet.

Vote no. I for one welcome our new Microsoft Overlords.

I don’t get any ‘end of flight’ window. When I stop and shut the engine the plane just sits there. I can start it up again and move it around, take off or press ESC a couple of times to quit the flight.

It differs between planes. On some planes (like the A320) shutting down the Engines is enough. On others (many of the single seaters) the pop-up happens when you have engines shut down, and turn off the batteries/FMS.

It’s pretty simple to just hit the continue option… I personally like when it pops up and I do same sequence every time to get it. Shut down engines wait 10 seconds turn off battery, works every time for me. Vote no