Replay system - anyone tried this?

Interesting premise.

Why should a developer developing an add-on for a flight simulator work for free?

3 Likes

The sites safe, the ordering is very efficient.
And the App works great.
I understand there will be many additional features added as development goes on.
This is the first operational replay tool and for me it has worked w/o any glitch at all, I posted video a few posts ago.
I have emailed back and forth with the developer, George, he is very accessible and I am very happy to support his efforts.
Payware is great even in X-plane you really need things like X-cam to make it very useful for making videos.
It is easy to set up a “Tower view” of your landing and lots of different fixed or follow shots as well as onboard views. This will make all the WEB streams much more interesting. Everyone wants to watch landings from many different angles.
This App does that perfectly…

1 Like

I would imagine the release of FS Recorder might make the release of Flight Control replay brought forward, they could be losing sales if they don’t.

1 Like

I bought it today, all went very smooth.

No issues at all with purchase, downloading, installing. I’ve only been able to play with it for a few minutes but it look VERY capable. I’m really looking forward to diving in as soon as I get these pesky responsibilities out of the way😁

Did you see a manual, or are you just going by the video?

Let us know how you like it!

Don‘t feed the troll… ^^

2 Likes

Pieter’s a Moderator. Sometimes they just can’t resist! :laughing:

1 Like

Exactly – starve them by Muting them … ASAP

What a great app the developer created.

I was wondering if this simulates the touchdown effect? Meaning the sound and the smokey tires.

Does MSFS have “smokey” tires yet ??

Never seen any smoke come form my C172 tires when I land … maybe because I Ace every landing ??? LOL

1 Like

Has FS recorder been released for MSFS 2020? I can only see FSX/P3D compatibility. COuld you provide a link to the appropriate site if so please?

Sorry I said FS Recorder when I should have said the release of FS Playground.

1 Like

FS playground is no doubt an excellent addon but it looks far too complicated for me. I would just like to be able to press record and play and change cameras/ angles. In this sense, the other offering above looks far more suitable for my needs. Hope it is released soon.

2 Likes

FS playground is super easy to use.
I made this video in about 10 minutes, using different views while replaying.
It is really cool how you can make a mark on the timeline and return there with the push of a button. Like just before TD, and go back to see from different angles quickly, also pause and step frames back and forth one frame at a time.

2 Likes

Yes, I like it also, but I have a problem with lagging when using the drone camera as tower view (or similar). If the camera is at a fixed position, the aircraft is moving in a stuttering fashion. It’s not a frame rate problem, maybe rather a problem with the “technology” used to recreate the aircraft’s position. Have you experienced this?

It the camera is following the aircraft (as in spot view), the problem is not very apparent.

Can you choose an existing camera view to use in fs playground? ie record the landing, but then replay it from Showcase Camera View 12 or 13?

That’s what I would like. My drone Cam is not set up and I dont want to spend time on it.

Yes that is exactly what this app is great at among other things.
If you look at my video a couple posts up, you can see I did exactly that.
I set a point on short final on playback.
Then land in any view.
Push the return to point button and plane is back at the short final point.
I then change to any view and play (or unpause) and that view flies the same landing.
You cam also switch views at any point while playing back, including using drone cam, this is great you can practice camera moves. And I use BandiCam to record the different views of the landing and then you can nicely edit a cool sequence. But it is also great for streaming to show replays.
I do not work for George I just sent him some questions and he got back to me very quickly and sent me some improvements I asked for and they work great.
I wish all developers were this responsive.

1 Like

I have seen stutters at times. But I can make them go away by simplifying the scene and aircraft config.
I run 4 screens, one is a touchscreen often with AirManager displaying a complete steam gauge panel or G1000’s. By closing this in playback I can make steers go away. Also running the HDS Carrier with complex aircraft caused some stutters especially in complex scenery, like Gibraltar. But it works great in Key West, so I think workload has a lot to do with it.
Remember I also use BandiCam at times to record adding more for my “middle of the road sim setup”.
Here are my specs:
Current Machine:
Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 2 Crucial MX500 SSD 500gb, 1TB Samsung 750 M.2 SSD, DVD-rw data driv, Win 10 home, StarTech wireless PCIe network adapter, Thermaltake mid tower case H26TG • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager.