[FIXED 1.13.17.0] World Update 3 has broken flight dynamics, exhibit A

I noticed that too, flaps at approach I basically had to go idle to maintain my normal base leg profile. Once I put the flaps to down on short final it seemed to handle normally though. Will try to play around with it some more tonight.

I have flown the KingAir quite a lot recently and the first thing I noticed after the update was that it literally leapt into the air on take off roll.

On landing, indeed, it just wouldn’t come down.

You can fly with 38 KIAS on the Cessna 172 without flaps :joy: Sorry Guys (Asobo) please fix it .

best regards

Lucio, after reading this thread I attempted 4 challenge landings at St. Barts using the TBM (and I’m pretty danged good; teach flight sim for an arm of the USAF. Not once out of those tries was I able to get the blasted plane stopped by the end of the runway. My last and best try saw me flying just above or slightly below stall speed, full flaps, engine idling, just skimmed the trees and had to hold her nose down til touchdown about 3/4 down runway (nose wheel landing man!). Full prop reverser and skidding the brakes. No one is going to land this puppy on this challenge using the TBM, and with the current configuration; prove me wrong. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just had a few touch and go at my local airport (LECO) with the 152 that I know well (for having flewn it several hours taking PL classes). Apart for an exxaggerated flaps drag (that wasn’t there before, but is still closer to RL than no drag at all) I can land within specs (60-55 kts, gentle flare). I do not experience the increased ground effect that others reports, but that could depend on the high-wing config of the Cessna (low wing planes have indeed greater ground effect in RL).
All in all I do not complain too much, although the flight model still need some tweaking

1 Like

yup Asobo stick to making scenery, leave the aircraft alone as they have no clue what they are doing
don’t forget to up-vote this maybe they get a point across they making it more and more into an advanced google earth or maybe Bing Earth…

which is fine and good but just stick to it making it Bing Earth… I love the nice scenery but leave aircraft alone Asobo ! Those who don’t care they will not notice ■■■■■■ aircraft have them with the beauty scenery

allow people who actually are there willing and know how to adjust aircraft flight dynamics

1 Like

yup exactly lmao

Yes, if you downloaded the development version then you should have the fix.

1 Like

Same here! Can confirm that exactly the same happens to me several times since latest update.

Or FIX it, by setting better parameters in the cfg files, and down the slippery path you go !!!

In last 2 days just after this update, I find my self trying to fix c172 flight_model.cfg to fit real aircraft flight dynamic as I know as flight instructor.

I know last update was change ground effect and flaps but I think there are another changes in aircraft stability and control response and stall behavior.

I thing flight dynamic before the changes was better.

What do you think ?

Well, my experience is as follows. I’ve only flown the Caravan since the update so can’t vouch for the other planes.

1. With takeoff flaps, you have to hold the plane on the ground to reach Vr (70 knots); otherwise, the thing will start floating at about 50 knots.

2. Upon reaching Vr, with the nose essentially level, the plane leaps into the air and rises rapidly, as if on an elevator, even with a heavy load.

3. Retracting flaps causes MUCH more nose-down pitch than previously. Conversely, lowering flaps causes MUCH more nose-up than before. But this just means a lot more trim input needed than before, which is kinda nice because this effectively decreases pitch trim sensitivity, actually making it easier to trim the plane.

4. Full flaps cause massive drag, as if the old, erroneous spoilers have returned. You now have to use about 75-80% power on final to maintain flying speed. But otherwise, once properly trimmed, the glideslope and nose attitude seem about the same as before.

5. There is now rather more floating in ground effect than before. However, this is pretty easy to solve by retracting some or all of the flaps. Not ideal but it’s a viable workaround.

6. I have noticed no change in braking, either with the wheels or reverse thrust. So all in all, I can still make the thing hit the ground where I want (by retracting the flaps as I flare) and then I can still stop in the usual distance.

2 Likes

The more I fly the 172, the more I notice the small differences. It definitely doesn’t want to descend as quickly as it once did, even with full flaps. What I’ve taken to doing is coming it at 50kts rather than 60kts, and that feels more like it did before.

I hope Asobo can deal with this soon. It’s flyable, but doesn’t feel quite right any more.

On another note, I had that rare issue where after landing, and I have hit the breaks quite hard, I came to a dead stop, but could no longer move. I wasn’t paused, engine was running, parking brake was not set etc. Tapping the slew key didn’t do it, but slewing then moving up a bit allowed me to fly away, and land again. That’s only the second time I’ve seen that.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

Are all aircraft affected? The TBM, Longitude, A320 cannot be landed in a realistic way. I can’t believe that they took their time to “polish” the update and they missed this??? WTF Asobo??? And this ain’t the first time this has happened…what a joke of a QA process.

4 Likes

Yep, the Caravan is totally nerfed at the moment, simply ridiculous. Here’s a shot of me floating along with full flaps down and the throttle at idle, it’s just very slowly descending with no stall warning at 43knots. In summary totally useless.

I was about to start FSEconomy today using the Caravan and now that’s ruined until a patch comes out.

I simply cannot understand how Asobo could be so incompetent as to release an update that does this to a so called flight simulator. Get your act together Asobo and use a volunteer beta team to test for this sort of stuff, because you lot are not up to it by yourselves.

9 Likes

The same on the Cessna 172SP !

Yeah…Asobo is a mess…this is not the first time this has happened where flight mechanics are broken rendering the aircraft un-flyable…WTF.

Wow, retracting flaps on flare. Outrageous to have to do this.

4 Likes

Have asobo even accepted this is an issue? I didn’t seen anything on the known issues post on zendesk when I checked earlier.

If they simply missed this in testing then that is disappointing but if actually it was known pre release this is probably worse.