Request: a VR pointer crosshair for cockpit buttons and rotaries (like DCS)

DCS Digital Combat Simulator has a VR pointer crosshair that you can trigger/toggle and moves with the VR headset.

DCS has also bindings for Lclick Rclick Upwheel Dwnwheel

So with 4 povbuttons (TMWH 4-way coolie switch) I can point my head to the switch or rotary, and manipulate with 4 actions.

Keep hands on HOTAS, no mouse, no controllers needed … just a well programmed cockpit… Hint/Request

I would suggest not just for VR mode.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. so sick of trying to fly then needing to adjust my altitude and the mouse is all wonky and a mess aye yi yi.

Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes! We should be able to navigate ATC windows from a hat switch too

1 Like

It already exists… as a bug.
I don’t know if the bug happens with anything else than a X1 gamepad though.

If you move the mouse and then your head, you’ll see a dot following the center of your head, and you can aim at buttons this way and press A to lock on them.

It works well actually, but unfortunately, because this is a bug, the dot disappears after a few seconds. You can still aim but don’t have a dot anymore which is not really convenient.
There is things to “fix” this:

• Learn where the center is. :slight_smile: This is pretty much what I’ve done and I’m getting pretty good at it.
  • Move your view around the cockpit until a button glows blue, lock it (A) then release it (B), the dot will be back, again for a few seconds.
  • Move the mouse and then your head, once again, the dot will appear for a few seconds.

If you have the VFR map open, you can even zoom in/out with the left/right trigger, and move around by pressing A and moving your head.

I wish there was a simple toggle dot on/off and we’ll be almost golden (there is still no interactions possible with cockpit touch screens for example, or I haven’t found out how to yet).

Hmmm, I have a white dot, that moves with the headset. depending on the control setting it highlights the controls on hover blue and You can change values or push buttons.