REQUEST: minimalist runway ribbons

@Coppersens did a great mod for making the nameplates better and I am hoping someone can do the same for the taxi ribbons which are basically necessary due to how bad the runway signs are.

2 Likes

I would put this in the wishlist to vote. I think they are waaaay too big tbh

2 Likes

Good idea!

Prolly not a lot, but I do think the devs are working hard and have a lot on thieir plate to keep them going. The community has put in an equal amount of effort, right across the whole sim, which is great too.

I honestly think that, given time, this is the GO TO sim for flight simulation. One just needs to be a little patient :slight_smile:

1 Like

I digged through the readable files already and couldn’t find anything about the ribbons to mod them.
I assume that Asobo didn’t bother making them moddable and they ended up in some compiled code, sadly.

1 Like

The first things they need to add imho is the option to toggle the ribbons on and off while in the sim. That way I only see them when I really need them and then I don’t really mind the size. It sucks having to go to the options menu to turn the ribbons on and off all the time…

BTW As it is I usually use the smart cam to taxi which works quite nice but it’s not perfect. You might want to give it a try though. It sure is nicer than that ribbon. But a toggable ribbon would be even nicer: just turn it of for a second to see where you need to go and then off again.

2 Likes