[Resolved] Low FPS with Garmin Mods

Despite the latest sim update and Nvidia drivers giving a little boost to the 30 series GPU, I have been experiencing huge FPS drop while flying GA planes including TBM 930 or even the Cessna 172. This didn’t make sense at all considering I running a 3090 FE, i910900K with a Reverb G2. A lot of RAM 64 and all Mvne drives.
The culprit seems to be the Garmin mods from Working Title. Removing all of them from my Community folder seems to have solved the issue. I just finished a smooth flight in Japan in a Diamond DA-40 NG. With this same plane prior to removing the mods, I had terrible FPS. Anyone else who has experienced the same?

1 Like

The WT mods do affect performance slightly but I’m surprised it was significant with your rig…

Are you running the latest versions of the all the working title mods?

What was the weather at the time?

Yes I do! I was flying with teal weather conditions in NY first, Canada and then Japan. In all cases performance was bad until I removed these mods. Since most of my other changes NVCP, game settings or OXR did not really improved FPS. I remember I had installed the mods again just recently.

in my case the mod impacts performance based on what and how many of the features are active. Only turn on what you need.

Could you explain how this is done?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.