RETURN SIM TO SU4 ( SU5 is a complete mess )

After the SU5 all the sim is a mess, draw distance, awful colors and sceneries brightness.
Mouse pointers lags, unflayable airplanes, usage of the Gpu at 100% with temperatures more than 80+C, VR with low resolution and a lot of more issues, please separate the optimization for PC users with xbox ones.

Agreed!
It’s no good!
I was so happy with everything before SU5 now it’s a total mess !
I’m going down the Pub !
:crazy_face::+1::pray:t2::man_pilot::airplane:

7 Likes

mouse pointer keeps disappearing, cant toggle spoilers, terrible lod, pay ware aircraft destroyed, etc.

6 Likes

I too am very disappointed with fs after the new update. One real annoyance is that I cannot customize the tail number on the plane I choose. Right now it is just live with what is assigned. Also, ATC keeps telling me to increase my altitude to the flight level currently being flown. It doesn’t matter how much I try to compensate, it is still “please increase you altitude to flight level …” It is also equal opportunity because it will also tell me to descend over and over when I am flying at the assigned altitude. This is small stuff so the big stuff must be a real mess.

4 Likes

I agree completely, but I cannot see them actually going back to SU4. I really REALLY hope they prove me wrong.

4 Likes

Theoretically, the updates were supposed to improve the experience, but we have to admit that if the graphic engine has become more beautiful, we could not enjoy it for a long time, many collateral bugs appeared and others came out of the ground, this is absolutely not normal, there is obviously at least one problem in the development cycle of this FS2020, and it is a big one, how many simmers can’t even access to the home screen today ? Can you remind us of the cost of this simulation? And the resulting product? I find it hard to believe that I have paid more than 100€ to be able to watch CTDs on my screen day after day …

5 Likes

I would love to go back to SU4… or just any build that was made for the PC version.

Its painful obvious how they tried to merge Xbox and PC into one version and it just doesn’t work. I welcome the Xbox crowd, but from a technical standpoint merging the versions like this wasnt a good idea.

Also its extremely fishy to still to this day have incomplete patch notes, so much more has changed that they havent even announced or put into the patch notes…

4 Likes

Looks horrible, doesn’t follow flight plan, ATC talking rubbish, Cessna G1000 goes vertical. Uninstalled. Let me know when it’s finished. Love MSFS, wish it worked.

5 Likes

SU5 has its downsides, yes, but I want to point out this part right here:

This actually proves that the sim has been optimized. If you have an underutilized GPU it means that the CPU is a bottleneck (as it was the case before SU5) and with modern-day multicore CPUs that shouldn’t have been the case.

If you have issues with 100% GPU utilization and high temps, I suggest looking at your case ventilation, GPU fan curves, overclock settings, etc. because almost ALL modern games should always max out your GPU.

Your other alternative is capping the FPS at 30 or lower.

6 Likes

how in the world do you update a game to look worse then before???

3 Likes

I literally have none of these problems. The sim seems better for me. Better framerate and better use of PC resources. I’ve only been flying the CJ4 and all seems fine. i710700k/2080ti.

4 Likes

For sure there are issues with SU5 but why are many people pointing out their GPU running at 100% when playing a demanding game? It’s supposed to run at 100% load, if it isn’t then you’re not getting the full performance. 80°C isn’t dangerously hot for most GPUs either but if you want it to run cooler you’ll need to address cooling in the system as a whole. I can understand not wanting the CPU to be at 100% because that will cause issues but the GPU must be running like that.

3 Likes

Same, the sim is dramatically better for me in performance. I’ve noticed the world feels a bit more washed out, otherwise I have no complaints. Returning to SU4 would be a major step backwards.

1 Like

Check your settings mate. Mine reverted back to Medium after the update.

I’ve got everything on Ultra or High, it seems to be something with the overall world/sky colors. It’s not too bad but something definitely seems to have changed with lighting.

2 Likes

People who took screenshots the day after SU5 have proven that color grading but especially brightness has been altered. I don’t mind the change and in general it looks about the same.

1 Like

Yeah SU5 is an unmitigated dumpster fire.

At least give us the option of declining to update or revert back to SU4. Having a such a broken and buggy update shoved down our throats like this really sucks.

2 Likes

This is total rubbish. I’ve had my issues with MSFS before, and the QA, but SU5 is anything but a mess.

1. Remove all mods
  2. Reset your graphics settings to default high (or medium) and start from there.

Releases can certainly be complete ■■■■ (I’m still smarting over FDev and Elite Dangerous Odyssey) but when you have a game that’s moddable you need to reset it with a major update and work from there.
While MSFS certainly has issues, many people are blaming the game when the issues are out of date mods and/or incompatible graphics settings for their hardware. If you get screen tearing, then absolutely use VSync at 30fps to lock it down.

The overamped whining is a bit much.

Also, if you want to punch up the graphics use reshade. I do, and it works fine to sharpen the image and make the colors pop a little more.

4 Likes

This ^^^^

And remember that marketplace add-ons are also 3rd party add-ons and may need to be removed too.

The nonsense and threads like this have got to stop. SU5 is a massive improvement for many many people.

4 Likes

While my experience with SU5 is mostly positive and I LOVE the performance improvements, I disagree with you. Threads like this should NOT stop. The fact that a lot of people have seen improvements doesn’t negate the myriad of issues others are having. Asobo didn’t release a hotfix for the CTDs today for no reason, right?

I have surely had FS2020 updates that completely borked the sim for me (giant buildings and spikes, stutter hell after ~SU2 or the lovely VFR map crash bug) so I completely understand those who are now feeling similar pain. If you don’t like threads of paying customers complaining about not being able to delay or roll back updates, the sorry state of the sim for them, etc. then simply let them be.

My only real gripe with SU5 right now is that new “lock” mode when interacting with instruments.

3 Likes