Reverb G2 Sweet Spot Discovery

@Major anxiety So already, as I have already mentioned above on this subject, it is quite difficult to represent on a photo, what we see in the helmet.
Then, before saying that what I say is ridiculous, do you own Assetto Corsa Competizione?

I have not yet reinstalled all my simulations, but for the moment, if Assetto Corsa is very handsome, with this HP Reverb G2, just like MSFS, Assetto Corsa Competizione is almost unplayable. With the speed of the car one has the impression of being in a vaporous corridor that makes blurry everything that is on the sides of the field of vision. Before buying the G2, I had already seen videos of a Youtubeur that said like me, that Assetto Corsa Competizione, were not playable with the HP Reverb G2.

LOL absolutely.
Either these people donā€™t know what they are talking about or are using the G2 with a GTX 1060.
Watch this video:

THESE PEOPLE use HP Reverb G2 with RX 6800 XT and RTX 3080 OpenXR 100% MSFS 100%

Alas as the expression says: ā€œof a donkey, one will never make a racehorseā€¦ā€
As you are stubborn and stubborn, with blinkers, you are fixed on the problem of the ā€œSweet Spotā€ which in parenthesis, does not pose me any problem. On the contrary, I find that this point of sharpness makes it possible to better read the instruments, just as I would do with my glasses for my presbyopia.
Iā€™m not going to get into it, Iā€™m going to let you keep thinking what you want.

I have ACC and itā€™s nothing like that. Watch this video:

I understood why I had this bad quality with ACC.
When I install Windows I move all the Documents Images ā€¦ ect folders to another hard drive. And I have several Windows installation. I have just formatted a Windows, and I went to the My Documents folder with the settings for the Oculus CV1 with everything in Ultra in the SS at 200%. When launching FPSVR I noticed that e did not even have 20 fps.
Now that I have adjusted the settings more suited to the G2, it is indeed much more beautiful.
On the other hand, that does not change the fact that sweet spot is more annoying than in MSFS where one is static in the cockpit. In car simulations, you have to be careful when you put the helmet on that it is well positioned otherwise, you quickly find yourself in the blur zone.
I also noticed that the lenses get greased quite quickly, probably because of the eyelashes, or maybe the hair when you put it on your head. There too, we can find the image less clear and think of bad adjustment, whereas a small regular cleaning of the lenses is enough.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.