[REVIEW] Jonx EA-7 Edgley Optica

Absolutely ! :grin:

@NewKTV thanks for all the hard work, may the Optica make Aerosoar famous !

1 Like

I just had a quick fly with this. It isnā€™t too bad.

First issue off the bat were the camera views. No instrument views, apart from a single one inside the ducted fan for some reason. :slight_smile:

Obviously the overall model isnā€™t as good as the other one, but one thing I do like about this one is I donā€™t have to wrench my yoke of my desk during flare. In that one respect it handles better than the competition, for sure.

There are quit a few issues with the avionics. I couldnā€™t change my HSI from VOR1 to GPS, and although I could get to the menu for adding wind to the display, it doesnā€™t actually apply that change.

The engine cuts out when I turn the fuel pump off. And oddly the engine didnā€™t die when I pulled the mixture back to cutoff.

Just my observations after a 20 minute flight.

Any chance of swapping the avionics out for the 530? :wink:

New update incoming soon! TwoSeventyInc has been doing wonders with the new textures and a beautiful basic white livery will be coming out with the new update. This livery will be a great base for any community repaints.

3 Likes

Final Version 2.0:This has been a massive project and I couldnā€™t have done it without the help of TwoSeventyInc. He did an outstanding job with the textures and I couldnā€™t be more honored to have had his help. Without further ado, I give you the final version of the EA-7 Edgley Opticaā€¦

Available for download now: https://www.flightsim.to/file/12731/ea-7-edgley-optica

5 Likes

Will give it a go over the weekend, thanks!

The dog is now animated !

4 Likes

Thatā€™s just silly, and I love it!

3 Likes

Thanks again @NewkTV - this is the embodiment and spirit of the enthusiasm for aviation that we all hope for and aspire to. Look forward to hearing about your next undertaking!

1 Like

Just so you all are aware if youā€™re coming from the OrbX thread. Yes this is the dog version with Auto Pilot, a GTN 750 integrated with the help of PMS 50.

Thanks for all the support! More aircraft coming soon!

3 Likes

letā€™s try out the new oneā€¦ :partying_face: downloading

Youā€™re in for a visual treat!!

Be prepared to be blown away. Orbx is releasing their Dubai city pack this Friday

1 Like

will this release to in game marketplace?

Iā€™ve applied with Asobo, but they havenā€™t responded back. Iā€™m assuming because all my current releases are freeware and they might only be interested in revenue. Not sure, hopefully I hear back soon. If I get accepted, yes this will be in the marketplace. If their system doesnā€™t allow me to post it for free it will be $1.

2 Likes

oh alright, thank you.

1 Like

Took the Optica out to Hong Kong (Iā€™ve no payware scenery for that yet)ā€¦ dog looking out of the window :grin:

2 Likes

VERSION 2.1: Sim Update Version 5 (Compatibility):

• Adding Landing Effects (Snow, Rain, Dirt, Water, Ect)
  • Fixed Dog Button
  • Fixed Winter Kit/Skis Button
  • Added GNS 430/330
  • Added updated GTN 750
  • Added GTN/GNS Swap System Switch
  • Added a new Altimeter Set with working Kollsman Scale
  • Added a new Compass with working Bank, Pitch, and Direction Animations
  • Updated Calibration Knob Meshes
  • Add Hover information (Mouse Over) to most Gauges
  • Added Glass to all Gauges
  • Fixed GPS Disconnect Issues
  • Tweaked Flight Model for SU5.